• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

dark skin discolouration like bruise but it isnt a bruise??

TM9

I know I'm a little late here, but in case anyone else comes across this thread... Google Morphea and look at some of the photos there. Very rare! Best of luck!

taniaaust1

Very rare? oh I'll have it then ... **only kidding but I seem to tend to experience very rare things, so much so that me and my boyfriend have a running joke over that one**

Thanks I'll look that up now even thou I dont have that issue no more (it lasted such a long time), another person thou with the same kind of thing has been in communication with me over similar rash on her foot/leg too.

edit.. Ive now checked out some photos of this (going to check out lots more to feel more sure) but so far none of them Ive seen, I dont think looks like what I had. The other thou, she sent me a photo of her discolouration the other day and hers does look just like Morphea, I think she certainly needs to mention that possibility to her doctor.

A photo (not hers) but Morphea on someones leg which does look like hers http://www.dermnet.com/images/Morphea/picture/14476 . So your post may of really helped someone. Ive passed this info on to her.

Morphea is thought to be an autoimmune disease which often is found with other autoimmune diseases.. so I wouldnt be surprised if likihood is increased in ME of this extremely rare disorder.

Hi Tania, I know this is an old post but did you ever find out what the dark bruises were on the tops of your ankles, As I saw your picture you posted it and I have the EXACT same bruise like marks in the EXACT same spot, the skin on the bruise like marks are also dry. Any findings

roller

wiggle jiggle
they come and go.
pretty much the same place as yours, but also around the knees.