• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Demonology self help: Adam Blai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarod

Saw an exorcism documentary on TV. This guy Adam Bali seems Legit. Here is some help from his self help page for those compelled to read it.

"Before engaging in self-help please be as sure as you can that you have a demonic or preturnatural problem. Rule out psychological problems, talk with a clergy member if possible, and rely on your common sense. All self-help efforts are made on a foundation of your relationship with God and free will desire to renounce the evil that may be near you. If you are engaging in bad behavior that gives evil a "right" to be near you then assistance can do little more than push the enemy away for a short time. You MUST change your life and turn away from evil and toward God."

"Prayers are phrases and statements handed down by the Church and tradition that are addressed to God, either verbally or in the mind. Prayers are often acknowledgement of the greatness of God and our gratitude for our lives and everything in them. Prayers also often include requests to God, including asking for help in dealing with temptation and evil."

"If you are having spiritual difficulty and feel moved to read the Bible I would recommend reading the Psalms out loud."

"Confession is very important when dealing with demonic problems as un confessed sin is visible to the enemy and the more serious un-confessed sin we have the more vulnerable we are (in my experience)."

"Sacramentals include blessed religious symbols, holy water, blessed incense, etc. I would recommend having a blessed crucifix or religious symbol visible in each room of your home and over your bed. Having holy water in your home is a good idea in general."

"Your Free Will
None of these steps, or even the intervention of Clergy, can help you if your will is not with God. You have to want help and to want to turn to God in order for prayers, sacramentals, even an exorcism, to work. Ultimately it is your willingness to say no to the devil and humbly lay yourself before God in obedience that makes intervention possible. God will not, like the devil, force Himself on you.
You must get your spiritual life in order by becoming educated on God's rules for our lives, and then following them. Time and time again we see cases where someone is experiencing serious oppression and they expect their problem to be removed while they continue engaging in spirit communication, extramarital sex, adultery, etc. If you are not willing to change your life it is generally not helpful for people to pray or intervene for you, the problem will just return with more intensity later."

http://religiousdemonology.com/selfhelp.html

There is often a mental health component to situations with spiritual affliction. It is normal to be frustrated and possibly depressed after being harassed by spirits for some time. It's also not uncommon for spirits to cause physical health problems if they are inside of a person.

I am not sure how this could be helpful to someone trying to deal with an illness like ME. It's like if you remain ill, it would be down to not accepting God and not renouncing evil, therefore all you fault. Sounds like a dangerous proposition. What if a person doesn't believe in God or has a belief system that has nothing to do with the church and the bible.

All self-help efforts are made on a foundation of your relationship with God and free will desire to renounce the evil that may be near you

All my self-help efforts related to illness are made on the foundation on my relationship with my state of health. It has nothing to do with God or renouncing evil. I am not in the state I am due to evil. Sounds like a form of CBT.

PeterPositive

Interesting and though subject.
I am not particularly religious although I have an interest for spirituality and philosophy.

The subject of "spiritual influence" or "possession" usually receives a lot of scorn and derision these days unless you're a practicing Christian, in which case it's part of the tradition / mythology.

I've always been fascinated (and scared) by the whole process of exorcism. The Christian rite seems to be the most popular (at least to us westerners) probably due to various movies and related literature but it's not an exclusive of the Catholic church, on the contrary it's been practiced in almost all cultures and religious contexts.

There are two interesting books that I would suggest if anyone is interested in learning more about the subject from a non dogmatic point of view:

"Remarkable Healings: A Psychiatrist Discovers Unsuspected Roots of Mental and Physical Illness"
http://www.amazon.com/Remarkable-He...C8TQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416662848&sr=8-1

"The Rite: The Making of a Modern Exorcist"
http://www.amazon.com/Rite-Making-M...CA1O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416663001&sr=8-1

cheers

Last edited:

Jarod

Thanks people.

Not trying to stir up a hornets nest here because I get a feeling religion can be divisive.

Never been religious or Christian really and just trying to figure it out. This is where I landed and am still undecided on demons. Most likely they will end up being extraterrestrials or something out of this dimension.

Do firmly believe there is a higher power though, and kind of learned that by many recent supernatural events.

Best regards.

xrunner

I am not sure how this could be helpful to someone trying to deal with an illness like ME.
It could be helpful if their illness was due to an evil influence or aggravated by that. Of course that doesn't mean people who suffer from evil spirits are evil. Quite the contrary, of the few saints I read something about, all suffered at some point in their life from this.

It's like if you remain ill, it would be down to not accepting God and not renouncing evil, therefore all you fault.
Would you expect somebody to get rid of evil spirits if they did not renounce evil? Would you expect somebody who wouldn't give up say gambling, drink, violence etc to get free from the harmful effects of that?

What if a person doesn't believe in God or has a belief system that has nothing to do with the church and the bible.
You can test your belief system. Like say a map, you would rely on it if it took you to places where you wanted to be but probably not if it lead you where you wouldn't want to be. That's a personal choice.
In any case, my own experience is that even who doesn't believe or never read a Bible in their life can benefit.

Sounds like a form of CBT.
Having tried both I can't see any similarity.
CBT works on the assumption that to feel better emotionally you need to change your thoughts. Exorcisms don't work on physical or emotional levels at all. It's got nothing to do with your thoughts, mind etc. it's God that does all the work.
The most CBT can do is to help you cope with a problem. Exorcisms work by removing the problem, when this is caused by evil spirits.
CBT has a financial cost, either you or the state will pay for it. Exorcisms are free. The main problem however is that of availability, very few are trained whilst demand is overwhelming. That means that unless people have clear manifestations they'll find it impossible to get somebody to see them.

xrunner

The subject of "spiritual influence" or "possession" usually receives a lot of scorn and derision these days unless you're a practicing Christian, in which case it's part of the tradition / mythology.
That's quite unfortunate but I can assure you that's quite a common view even inside the church and it's usually the result of ignorance.
probably due to various movies
Unfortunately movies have totally misrepresented what exorcisms are about and how they're carried out.

JAM

Jill
I am not sure how this could be helpful to someone trying to deal with an illness like ME. It's like if you remain ill, it would be down to not accepting God and not renouncing evil, therefore all you fault. Sounds like a dangerous proposition. What if a person doesn't believe in God or has a belief system that has nothing to do with the church and the bible.

All my self-help efforts related to illness are made on the foundation on my relationship with my state of health. It has nothing to do with God or renouncing evil. I am not in the state I am due to evil. Sounds like a form of CBT.
It is utter and complete tripe, CBT on the other hand is a valid and proven psychological treatment (not CFS/ME treatment).

JAM

Jill
How are we still discussing this? Because I am not sure of the cause it must be supernatural! Do you still believe Zeus throws lightening bolts?

Jarod

Most likely the other way round. And yes they operate outside the boundaries of time, space, energy and matter.

OK. I believe in God and going to follow that path and do every thing I can to get right with God.

I think the scientific explanation of God will eventually lead to something else.

In response to the psychological problem...Adam Blai was working on his PHD in psychology from some major university when he became a believer. That's discussed by Adam Blai in the video in the next post #11.

"9. There are cases that are simply mental illness that are mistaken for spiritual problems. Unfortunately serious mental illness can cause a state where a person is convinced they are possessed or that the voices they are hearing are spirits. It takes experience and evaluation by someone trained in mental health to identify these cases. It is imperative that medical and psychiatric situations not go untreated because the spiritual hypothesis has been accepted inappropriately."

Last edited:

Jarod

Here is a great two hour video, but the first hour covers most of the meaty stuff. Somewhere Adam Blai mentions how some people learn to live with demons with out showing anything unusual to people on the outside.

Last edited:

Countrygirl

Here is a great two hour video, but the first hour covers most of the meaty stuff. Somewhere Adam Blai mentions how some people learn to live with demons with out showing anything unusual to people on the outside.

Thank you for the interesting video, Jarod. I am listening to it as I tackle some of my domesticals.

I have been listening to Derek Prince's talks on the same subject recently and so will post a link to them here, in case you might like to hear them

Derek Prince (1915-2003) was a Cambridge-educated philosopher who also lectured at the University. He then encountered a Road-to-Damascus experience when in the army and joined the church and became a well-respected Christian teacher who had a special interest in the deliverance ministry. There are many of his talks on the internet, if they are of interest.

The first link is to the talk called The Man Behind the Ministry which will give you an overview of the man and his spiritual experiences, while the second will take you to one of many of his talks on the delivery ministry and its practical application.

Hope I have pasted the links correctly.

C.G.

JAM

Jill
OK. I believe in God and going to follow that path and do every thing I can to get right with God.

I think the scientific explanation of God will eventually lead to something else.

In response to the psychological problem...Adam Blai was working on his PHD in psychology from some major university when he became a believer. That's discussed by Adam Blai in the video in the next post #11.

"9. There are cases that are simply mental illness that are mistaken for spiritual problems. Unfortunately serious mental illness can cause a state where a person is convinced they are possessed or that the voices they are hearing are spirits. It takes experience and evaluation by someone trained in mental health to identify these cases. It is imperative that medical and psychiatric situations not go untreated because the spiritual hypothesis has been accepted inappropriately."
Which god?

xrunner

Because I am not sure of the cause it must be supernatural!
You may not know that all who end up considering exorcisms have been going through horrible life experiences,
suffer incredibly, they and their families including children, whilst have had no answers or relief from either doctors or psychiatrists or any medical treatment. It's not uncommon for some to be referred by psychiatrist who couldn't help them in the first place.
On the other hand exorcists before doing anything, they usually make sure the problem is not a medical one and will ask for doctors to certify this.

Do you still believe Zeus throws lightening bolts?
You mean you don't? :confused:

brenda

Interesting video @Jarod, but I do not believe in the exorcism ministry. If one is submitted to the will of God, one does not have trouble with demons, so it seems to me that having them cast out, is just an easier way, to avoid the submission bit and anyway scripture warns us that if a house is swept clean (exorcism) then the devil that leaves brings another seven along with him when he returns.

Wayne

Haven't read all the above replies yet, but thought I'd mention a story I read some 20 years ago or so--a time when CFS was much less well known, and the internet was barely on most people's radar screen. I made it a practice to thoroughly scan the indexes of books in book stores that might provide a clue to my own CFS. References were pretty rare, so this story stood out for me--though unfortunately I don't recall all the many details.

In short, a woman developed "CFS", and in the process of trying to track it down, realized it coincided with a blood transfusion she'd received shortly before that. Conventional medicine couldn't help her, so she ended up seeking alternative explanations for her illness. As I recall, she visited a psychic, who informed her that the blood she received was from a somebody who was unhealthy in a number of ways, and who himself was afflicted with some sort of "demonic energy". An energy which was transferred to her via the blood transfusion.

If I remember correctly, she took certain steps to "clear" this demonic energy from herself, and made a full recovery. Her report of this experience somehow made it into this particular book. As I recall, I don't believe this woman herself was intent on getting her story out--but the author thought it was relevant to the book. -- I share this as "a story" only.
-
I have a relatively low-level interest in this kind of topic. I sometimes wonder about these kinds of things however when I hear stories of how seemingly relatively well-adjusted people all of a sudden go off the deep end and do things (mass shootings) that are totally against their nature. I don't know the answer to this, or have any strong beliefs. But I do think it's possible many things in our culture today (violence in movies and video games; discordant energies in bars; etc.) could unduly affect vulnerable people, and allow demonic forces an entry.

Last edited:

PeterPositive

I have a relatively low-level interest in this kind of topic. I sometimes wonder about these kinds of things however when I hear stories of how seemingly relatively well-adjusted people all of a sudden go off the deep end and do things (mass shootings) that are totally against their nature. I don't know the answer to this, or have any strong beliefs. But I do think it's possible many things in our culture today (violence in movies and video games; discordant energies in bars; etc.) could unduly affect vulnerable people, and allow demonic forces an entry.
I don't think it's that easy. There's a small amount of really dramatic cases. Even the Catholic church puts a lot of effort, more than anyone can imagine, to filter out mental illness and flatout nutjobs.

But, it's also true that there's considerable evidence for other less dramatic forms of influence that appear to be linked not only to psychological distress but also physical issues.

The book written by psychiatrist Shakuntala Modi is one shining example. People may argue that what is going on may have to do with placebo/nocebo effect. I wouldn't discard the possibility, but going more in the details one discovers there's a lot more going on.

Zeus might not be throwing literal thunderbolts, as someone pointed out, but that's the mythology of 2500 years ago. Today's mythology is about the subconscious and unconscious mind, different labels for largely uncharted territories of the human psyche. (Carl Jung's collective unconscious is not very different from what we know as "the soul", in other words)

cheers

Wayne

I don't think it's that easy. ... But, it's also true that there's considerable evidence for other less dramatic forms of influence that appear to be linked not only to psychological distress but also physical issues.

These kinds of things rarely are (easy). o_O I agree with you completely on influences that can be caused by physical issues. Many Lyme (and CFS) patients have been misdiagnosed of having various "psychological disorders", such as depression, anxiety, depersonalization, derealization, Tourette's Syndrome, autism, obsessive compulsive, etc. Disrupted brain and neurological firings can manifest as any number of "psychoses".

So are most "psychological and/or mental illnesses" in reality physical organic diseases? I've come to believe a significant majority most likely are. I also believe the whole field of psychology will take a huge step forward when they begin to consider this far more seriously than they have (if they even consider it at all today).

Jarod

Interesting video @Jarod,If one is submitted to the will of God, one does not have trouble with demons, so it seems to me that having them cast out, is just an easier way, to avoid the submission bit and anyway scripture warns us that if a house is swept clean (exorcism) then the devil that leaves brings another seven along with him when he returns.

Ok thanks. Trying to figure out how to do that. Would that be the "seven sacraments"?

Status
Not open for further replies.