• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Demonology self help: Adam Blai

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimells

I just read your personal story and feel very sorry for you, for the hurt you experienced from such a young age.
For once I agree with you that kind of religious "education" and attitude is wrong, cruel and abusive.

And this kind of religious education is not exceptional. I have heard enough crazy things from people promoting their religion (always some form of Christianity, so far) to fill many books. The basic message seems to be

Obey or Suffer

I have met people who sincerely believe that even folks who have never heard of Jesus are condemned to Eternal Damnation, even while they are telling me their god is a god of love. Doesn't sound very loving to me...

I grew up in a Methodist church. I used to play in a Salvation Army band. I even used to work as a custodian at an Episcopal church. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me exactly why I should "believe", besides "just in case".

brenda

If conscience is the manual it sucks

The conscience is a very delicate thing. It can be seen best in its uncorrupted state in young children who have a very strong sense of fairness and right and wrong but very soon start to damage it when they start lying which has been found to start at about the age of 4 in psychology studies.

JAM

Jill
The conscience is a very delicate thing. It can be seen best in its uncorrupted state in young children who have a very strong sense of fairness and right and wrong but very soon start to damage it when they start lying which has been found to start at about the age of 4 in psychology studies.
I'm sorry, I don't have the patience to discuss this any more.

xrunner

Being deliberately offensive under the guise of praying for someone is an entirely different matter, and quite disgusting.
That's something absolutely foreign to my heart. If you think things like that in your heart, that's your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.