• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DIM and calcium d- glucarate triggers hair loss

zzz0r

I have been supplementing for two weeks with DIM and calcium d-glucarate in order to balance my estrogen dominance, however I noticed after those two weeks severe increase in my hair loss. This is possibly due to the increase of testosterone because of the decrease in estrogen and the conversion of estrogen to DHT that is causing the hair loss.

Is anyone else that have noticed that? Does any know herbs that decrease DHT?

adreno

PR activist
Saw Palmetto. But I would not recommend blocking DHT if you are male.

Try stopping the DIM instead, it's estrogenic in some males.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have almost no hormones but what I do have I'm estrogen dominant. I use OTC progesterone for that. I do have a small amount of hair loss in the front but that could be from my general lack of all hormones.

adreno

PR activist
@adreno how is DIM estrogenic ?. Is supposed to break down estrogen instead
No, it increases some estrogens and reduces others. So it depends on your estrogen profile whether this is good for you or not.

Last edited:

Peyt

Hi adreno, How about calcium d- glucarate? can that increase estrogen? or contribute to hair loss? The reason I ask is I just found out that I have the CYP1B1 +/+ mutation and was considering taking calcium d- glucarate... Your thoughts are appreciated.

adreno

PR activist
Hi adreno, How about calcium d- glucarate? can that increase estrogen? or contribute to hair loss? The reason I ask is I just found out that I have the CYP1B1 +/+ mutation and was considering taking calcium d- glucarate... Your thoughts are appreciated.
No, calcium d glucarate will only break down estrogen. I tolerate it fine, whereas I don't tolerate DIM or I3C.