• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dream capacity poll

How would you rate your capacity to dream?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
Good poll!

There have been periods of a year or more when I haven't been able to recall a single dream. Since starting methylB12 a couple of years ago, I can recall dreams somewhat regularly (good recall maybe every other week, limited recall a couple of times a week perhaps). A dream with a strong narrative always coincides with a really good night's sleep.

alex3619

Interesting, but I would have to say none of the above. Its all over the place, and at different times I could tick any of the boxes. I used to be a lucid dreamer though, and I seem to have lost much of that.

rosie26

For the last year or more I haven't been dreaming at all. I don't remember any dream that I may have had while asleep when I wake up in the morning. I was thinking about this about 2 weeks ago. I have had years where I did dream, but not a lot. And I have never been a nightmare dreamer, only rarely have I had nightmare kind of dream.

I have had a lot of insomnia with ME, but I am sleeping better these days. Which I hope continues.

Last edited:

Cheesus

My dreams have gotten incredibly weird and intense since I got ME. If anything my dream recall is better than I want to be - often having flashbacks during the day to dreams I had months or even years ago. I also get a lot of false awakenings accompanied with nightmares which is a grim experience.

taniaaust1

I used to be a lucid dreamer at will, I still are very occassionally.. the issue is that that takes me a lot of energy to do now so Ive quit that hobby.

I also used to remember up to 9 dreams per night (when Im not ill), now I only remember one a night or wake up due to having had a nightmare but have only vague memories of what it was about (its usually about all the bullshit stuff Im going throu, dreams of being mocked by disability services etc).

When I get sicker thou when crashing.. I can sleep like the dead with no recall at all.

ME definately affects how I dream.

worldbackwards

My sleep is impaired, but this tends to mean I'm left in a half awake/ half dreaming sorts of state and, if I do drop off, it all feels very vivid, stuff like thinking I'm awake and then waking up, etc.