• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ebv test. iga? and ea.

From what i read on PR the 3 tests that mostly mention for ebv are
Vca igg, vca igm and ebna igg.
What i wanna know is the iga.
I read on questdiagnostic and mayo it indicate reactivation, is it true?
And does ebv ea test isnt as needed as ebv vca test?
Also anyone knows more explanation about ebv ebna iga? Usually its igg.
Theres also ebv ea iga.

Thank you for whoever replying :)

halcyon

From what I've read quickly, it sounds like IgA antibodies against EBV are formed very early in the lytic infection and actually disappear quite quickly, even before IgM antibodies disappear. I'm not sure if this means that it's a good marker or not for reactivation. Apparently high levels of IgA to EBV is also seen leading up to cases of nasopharyngeal carcinoma.

Regarding IgG, in Dr. Montoya's study on valganciclovir, he used high titers of both VCA IgG and EA IgG as a criteria.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
iga means new infection which is active and can happen on a reactivation but generally they look at how high the igg is for a reactivation of an old infection. Also look at lymphocytes which give a general look at your immune system and can tell if your fighting some type of infection.