• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Empty Sella Syndrome and CFS: A patient study

wastwater

might be worth resurecting this thread ive heard of this ill have a look to see if i can see it on my mri

wastwater

My attention was drawn to this blog as I've heard of Empty Cellar Syndrome in relation to my rare genetic disorder,but in my case think it probarbly isn't genetic .
I had a look at my Mri and from what I can see it seems my pituitary looks flattened/squashed which would still qualify it as Empty cellar syndrome I think,I presume it still works as I had high TSH when I had hypothyroidism. I don't have a before and after Mri unfortunately.
Empty cellar syndrome is not a rare finding and it can be seen in 30 percent of the population over 30 years. http://pituitaryadenomas.com/emptysella.htm

wastwater

I think mine is genetic,its often reported as an anomaly but I wonder if it might be important