• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Epidemics in Western Society since 1600

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Hi all

I don't have much energy to spend but I have this link through my daughter who did the course.
She found it extremely interesting and said the presenter was engaging.

I have read threads somewhere here that suggested that this might interest some of you.

Sorry, I didn't know which place this belongs so I chose general discussion.
If anyone finds that it is useful I would be happy to read about anything they learned.
SD

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Yes. Free too. I haven't done any on line courses yet but there seems to be a lot out there all of a sudden.
I don't know much about how these things work but apparently it's easy to stop and go back over the material.
My daughter mentioned it in passing as we were talking. She did the course over a year ago I suspect because I have mentioned some of the political issues around ME.

She was horrified at the Tuskeegee experiment where they knowingly gave some people syphillis (and didn't tell them of course) and then withheld treatment so they could monitor the progression of the illness (lecture 21).
It's great you're enjoying the opportunity to do some of these great courses. :)

ahmo

Excellent. I just looked at the course list. Looks really good. And I've recognized that one of the things i really appreciate about these courses is that they're presented in bite-size pieces. And even at that, I can stop part way through. I'll add this one to my list. thanks for posting.

Yes, the Tuskeegee experiment was horrific. Quoted this past week by Mike Adams in relation to possible update re MMR vaccines and autism, discussed in another thread the last few days.:devil:

...I love your Richard Feynman quote.:)

ahmo

Thanks for clarifying Irene. You might be interested in the current references to Tuskeegee by Mike Adams, in relation to an alleged coverup by CDC of high rates of autism in black boys following MMR vaccines. It's being discussed in a thread here. The first link is to the most inflammatory of those published by Adams. The pr thread focuses on how reliable these stories might be. It was from 3 days ago. Today's article directly calls out mainstream media for colluding in cover-up.

http://www.naturalnews.com/046537_vaccine_violence_black_Americans_scientific_fraud.html

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ower-on-mmr-fraud-reveals-his-identity.32144/