• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ESA cancelled need help on Mandatory reconsideration

Sorry you've had such a shitty time, but good to hear that you got through the tribunal okay. Fingers crossed for you having an easier time with your future assessments. At least you're a bit more sorted out in time for winter, and haven't had to wait the year+ some people do for a tribunal date.

Cheers Esther. You're right to remind me of the fortunate timing and that I'm better off than lots of others. Believe me, I'm signing every e-petition I can at the moment to end this dreadful mess of hounding vunerable people. Good news. I have recieved some backdated money and won't need to have another assessment for a while.

Shout out to all those who are fighting the system right now, especially if you struggle with the cold. Get as much help as you can and please learn from my mistakes listed above.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
I have been waiting to hear about a supersession that I requested 3 months ago as my health is worse and I have requested I be placed in the SG from the WRAG. The helpful woman at ATOS told me they had no time frames for this - could be weeks months or years!

^^ I am sorry to hear that Justy. I read in one thread that you had been to see KDM and that you were more optimistic and hopeful about the future than you had been in years. Is the treatment not going well?

With mandatory reconsiderations there was an official timeframe that they had to get back to me by, but I'm too brain fogged to remember what it was.

The appeal process (I imagine your supersession is effectively an appeal) was different though. There was no time frame for that. I was warned it could take ages but actually only took about six weeks. I hope your timeframe is shortened too and they place you in the SG. If and when it comes, please make sure you avoid all my mistakes above and use the information links I and everyone else provided. Also, there is a VERY slight chance that you can get moved out of ESA altogether when you ask to have your case looked at again but I strongly doubt this will happen to you if it didn't happen to me and I'm independently mobile. Just wanted you to be aware and prepared, that's all.

Best of luck.