• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Evidence that Ebola virus may be able to go dormant and reinfect

taniaaust1

"Paul Farmer, MD, PhD, from Partners in Health, Boston, Massachusetts, added, "In Monrovia, a couple of children under 5 who had negative [polymerase chain reactions (PCRs) after treatment] then returned some weeks later with positive PCR.

"These are children who had a normal course of illness...and had a clinical recovery, and both of these children became ill in a day or two," Dr Sprecher continued. "They came back and were found to be febrile and [PCR-]positive again. Both children had some neurologic signs.

The feeling amongst the virologists is...the virus gets into some parts of the body with immunologic protection, like the central nervous system. The immune response clears the virus from the periphery, the patient has a clinical recovery, while the viral infection progresses in the [central nervous system] and eventually returns and reemerges as a renewed positivity. At least one of the children became negative again."

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/833730?nlid=68063_2981&src=wnl_edit_dail&uac=23679EY#vp_2

taniaaust1

I thought the above may be important for us (if this spreads) as we all know how much trouble our community can get with virus reactivation.

The CDC and the WHO has been telling up a heap of lies about this virus by giving the general public reassurances which arent based really on science but rather on much guess work rather then looking deeply at the science

eg a study has also found that up to 15% of Ebola cases (it ranged from 4-15%) have a longer then 21 day incubation period (I think the highest was about 37 days). This was seen when more of the past Ebola outbreaks were looked at to try to work out incubation rather then just the two the WHO based their info on.

Last edited:

Martial

It just was confirmed in NYC, the doctor was also on the Subway at one point before he checked into the hospital. I hope they do all the research necessary so this does not get any worse. Also being able to push out some kind of vaccine or better treatment ASAP.

taniaaust1

It just was confirmed in NYC, the doctor was also on the Subway at one point before he checked into the hospital. I hope they do all the research necessary so this does not get any worse. Also being able to push out some kind of vaccine or better treatment ASAP.

He went to far more then the Subway and bowling and caught taxis, I was reading earlier about several other public places he went too (my bad brain doesnt now remember, one of those places theou may of also been a pub).

Ebola now is in a new African country too.. Mali. Not only is this newly affected African country one of the poorest African ones but also its full of "muslim extremists" (think ISIS!!), France actually had a war with these there last year and now peace keepers there are trying to keep the country from falling into the muslim radicals hands.

If Ebola scares those peace keepers away (could easily happen at this point)..what then?? I see it as just as much of a serious danger as that would leave a whole country ruled by the muslim radicals.

The Mali situation is very bad.. a bleeding ebola baby was taken 100s of kms by bus throu many towns. Many hundreds have had contact with the bady just before its died and I think they've traced under 70 so far.

The african country Ivory Coast (I forget the french name, its a french territory country I think) I personally think we will probbly hear about a case there any day. Its right next to both Liberia and Sierre Leone and opened their border only a few weeks back due to the WHO pressure to do so and probably economics too as October is cocoa picking season. Ivory Coast relies on the large numbers of workers who migrate yearly from Liberia and Sierre Leone to Ivory coast during picking season to get it picked in time.

Last edited:

Martial

He went to far more then the Subway and bowling and caught taxis, I was reading earlier about several other public places he went too (my bad brain doesnt now remember, one of those places theou may of also been a pub).

Ebola now is in a new African country too.. Mali. Not only is this newly affected African country one of the poorest African ones but also its full of "muslim extremists" (think ISIS!!), France actually had a war with these there last year and now peace keepers there are trying to keep the country from falling into the muslim radicals hands.

If Ebola scares those peace keepers away (could easily happen at this point)..what then?? I see it as just as much of a serious danger as that would leave a whole country ruled by the muslim radicals.

The Mali situation is very bad.. a bleeding ebola baby was taken 100s of kms by bus throu many towns. Many hundreds have had contact with the bady just before its died and I think they've traced under 70 so far.

The african country Ivory Coast (I forget the french name, its a french territory country I think) I personally think we will probbly hear about a case there any day. Its right next to both Liberia and Sierre Leone and opened their border only a few weeks back due to the WHO pressure to do so and probably economics too as October is cocoa picking season. Ivory Coast relies on the large numbers of workers who migrate yearly from Liberia and Sierre Leone to Ivory coast during picking season to get it picked in time.

Well they said someone in contact with the New York doctor already has confirmed to have the virus, what I do not understand is that it said only spreadable when severe symptoms become present. On top of that its a blood borne virus so unless he sneezed into the persons mouth it just seems strange. What is happening in Africa sounds far more dangerous right now though. I had no idea something like that had happened. This is why we need to push for a treatment ASAP.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
If I were going as a health care volunteer, I probably would not get vaccinated. I would depend on the protective clothing while caring for patients and isolation from the general population otherwise to protect me. If I was doing some kind of business in one of the infected countries, I would get vaccinated if possible.