• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feeling like your entire body is short circuiting...

soxfan

I have had this symptom on and off for years thankfully....But for the past month it has been more on than off.
I will try to explain it the best I can since it is such a weird and horrifying symptom which is hard to describe.

I first become extremely tired....then the nerve pain and twitching in my leg will increase 10 times the normal...I will try to lay down but then the feeling of massive amounts of cortisol start surging from my feet up through my brain. Then the heart pounding starts...the heart rate is not fast it just feels like a pendulum in my chest.

After this all starts while I am laying there and the surging feeling becomes more intense it feels as though the room starts to move because the feeling is so almost violent. My body feels as though it is moving with the surging and I almost feel dizzy even while laying down. It doesn't matter which side I lay on even on my back it is extremely intense and uncomfortable.

All the while my leg pain is out of control and it feels like my body is almost being short circuited inside my torso and brain.

I have no clue what if anything brings this on but it is so strange and bad feeling I was wondering if anyone else ever had this....It is not a crash or anything like that....

Martial

Sounds like CNS infection, I get the same exact thing with bartonella infection. Like giant power surges through my spine and body that send booming pain, energy and severe exhaustion all at once, then my brain feels like its frazzed and I feel like I will my whole body will lock up and gets super tense.

xchocoholic

Seizure, maybe ? How long does it last ? I'd try taking a .125 mg of Klonopin if it was me but I've used K to treat similar symptoms.

Sitting or laying on the floor helps too. Otherwise I feel like whatever I'm sitting or laying on is moving.

Bringing blood glucose up quickly helps too.

Hope you feel better. Tc .. x

soxfan

It lasted the entire night....heart felt like it was pounding...I could feel every beat. The surging was really bad so I basically had to try and lay on my back all night and not move. If I turned to the side it would become worse. It does feel as though the bed is moving or that I am on a water bed moving up and down like on rolling waves.

I think I slept an hour last night maybe and it was very fitful. I did take Klonopin which did absolutely nothing for the feeling throughout my body. I am not sweating at the time...it is just a constant very violent surging up and down my entire body. Of course this morning I am exhausted....I don't want to lay back down or it will start up again.

I also must have been tensing my jaw because my teeth are sore this morning too.

fibrodude84

I have a similar horrifying scenario where I get very flush and heated, dizzy and itchy all over my body and suddenly my chest hurts and I feel nausea. It's almost like I'm blacking out and I usually need to calm down, hydrate and eat something before I feel better. This may just be orthostatic intolerance for me I don't know.

melamine

@soxfan - Your symptoms sound familiar to me and are in some ways like those I experienced when I had a very bad infection that affected my heart. And in some ways they sound like reactions I've gotten to glutamic acid, except that mine lasted longer: electric spine symptoms would begin within 4 hours of ingesting glutamic acid and build over the next few days, then plateau for days or weeks while nerves were dying. Each time it happened (obviously accidentally), symptoms were somewhat different because of previous nerve damage and possibly other factors.

@fibrodude84 - what you're describing sounds like an allergic reaction to something because of the itching and suddenness of the symptoms.

jann1033

I have had the vertigo you are describing. Its like the whole bed is flip flopping around. I think its usually worse with my eyes open but doesnt stop if i close them. Ive had odd perception/ kinetic problems since the begining ie not knowing where a body part is, feeling like i am laying on a slant with my legs about 3 ft above the bed, really out there stuff, electric like charges, usually at that time i have worse leg spasms.i don't think its infectious in my case because it comes as randomly as it goes. Now that they know there is brain inflammation i am guessing its some how related to that.

soxfan

When I am laying in bed it is more like I am on rolling waves going up and down with the wave movement. I have had this for a long time...some nights are worse than others.