• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feeling poisoned

Marlène

Does anyone else feel poisoned throughout the day?

I have this symptom for years now and despite treatments (vit B12 extensive protocol, hydrocortisone, neural therapy, low dose natrexone, ...) it is still there.

It is a feeling hard to explain. Hope someone recognizes it and knows a remedy.

Tnx,

Marlene

peggy-sue

I do recognise it, I don't know of any remedy, but I'd love to find one.
I thought it's just the general feeling ghastly that comes with having ME. It's the bit called "malaise".

merylg

I am feeling poisoned right now more so than usual. The only thing I have changed is I decided to try NAC again. I took 1 x 600 mg capsule yesterday, and one today. It is NOW brand and also contains Molybdenum 50 mcg and Selenium 25 mcg. Feeling aching in shoulders and around ribs at same time. I also just finished taking Amoxil, Nilstat & nasal Bactroban...as well as Zantac.
I was not feeling this extreme poisoned feeling until adding this NAC + Moly+ Selen. Big mistake I think...I have also been sick with sinusitis bug & stomach ulcer-type irritation.
NOW... I want to chuck this huge bottle of capsules in the bin so I never get tempted again!

xrayspex

the molybdenum and selenium is supposed to help mcs but i would only take it in small liquid dose form. NAC messed me badly when triedin the past, power headaches. i know intolerance to it can be a sign of CPn, but its too complicated for me to figure out if i have that.
charcoal can move toxins thru but sometimes feel worse before better. sometimes good old fashioned pepto bismal helps mop up bad stuff imho.

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
being poisoned is exactly how I have described it in myself.

But I haven't had that since the spring, since I took MSM and that seems to really have reduced the candida. Without the candida flaring and its toxins entering my bloodstream, all my remaining symptoms now center around histamine. No malaise. None of that old fatigue - though I do have to sleep within hours of exercising in order to take away whatever the exercise built up.

Knock on wood, I was having a lot of sugar recently because of greatly increased exercise, and am almost getting sick again. But some olive leaf extract plus some sugar avoidance for a day or two plus maybe a half day fasting, and I'll be good again.

Tammy

Marlene, That is exactly the word I have used in the past to describe how I was feeling (poisoned). Thankfully, I no longer feel that way. I cannot pinpoint that any one thing helped that feeling to subside..........It's just been a gradual progress of feeling better over time. Tammy

merylg

NAC messed me badly when triedin the past, power headaches. i know intolerance to it can be a sign of CPn, but its too complicated for me to figure out if i have that.
charcoal can move toxins thru but sometimes feel worse before better.
Thanks for pointing this out about NAC and CPn. My muscle-ache symptoms around chest and upper back were very much like a die-off of CPn after I took NAC for 2 days. I found a reference for so-called NAC test here:

http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/NAC.html

Interesting site re C. pneumoniae & MS http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html

Last week I could not get the GP to test me for C. pneumoniae when I was sick with sinusitis & muscle aches. Once I also mentioned that I have CFS her response was "Oh lots of organisms can be responsible for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & there's no way we can test for all of them"...(sounds like a line taught in medical school!!!)

Re charcoal tabs: I also find them helpful for mopping up toxins.

Sometimes I use bi-carbonate to soothe MCS-type & food intolerance reactions. Those urinary alkaliniser sachets that you mix with water & drink are are tolerable way to take bi-carbonate (can buy over the counter at pharmacy/drug-store).

Metabolic acidosis, Respiratory acidosis & Carbon Monoxide poisoning are things to consider if you are feeling acutely or chronically poisoned too! meryl

Feeling poisoned....YES!!! That's the perfect description. I feel that way every day and unfortunately, I can't find anything to relieve that feeling. Even taking supplements makes it worse, not better. SIGH!!

caledonia

I had that feeling the first several years I was sick. It gradually went away over time. Unfortunately, I also can't pinpoint what helped. My early treatment was Armour Thyroid, Zoloft, Oxygarde Forte by Klaire Labs (antioxidants + glutathione for a gentle detox), neutralization drops for MCS.

I had a strong chemical odor which came out of my sweat and onto my bedclothes for a couple of years from doing the Oxygarde. So even though it was gentle and well tolerated, it certainly seemed to be effective.

taniaaust1

I used to get that feeling poisoned feeling but very rarely do get it nowdays (last time I had it I noticed for the first time that it felt like some toxin was also running down the back of my throat.. so Im now wondering if the toxin which gives me this overall poisoned feeling is in my sinuses?? Maybe a bacteria there is releasing toxin?? In my case I'd guess something like toxin producing staph.

The feeling poisoned I see as a different symptom then when I feeling just malaise. (I get the malaise feeling when Im feeling like virally but this being poisoned feel Ive gotten at times feels like something else different again.. it dont feel like a virusy malaisey feel but really like a having been poisoned one).

I'd really love to know exactly what it is which at times makes us feel poisoned. (I personally found nothing to help that symptom).

Marlène

Wow, good to see people can get rid of it over time :)

Unfortunately no clear remedy but I will have a close look at the supplements and medications mentioned!

I have a very high load of Cpn and doctor is in negotation with Infectolab to see which treatment is best. He's willing to give long term AB if necessary.

Apparently some people also suffer from MCS, chemical taste in the mouth (I have an alcohol taste in the morning in particular), bad reactions to supplements in general, ... so obviously there are similarities!

At this moment I use Alkala N to neutralize metabolic acidosis as well as neural therapy. Works very well indeed.

Thanks for your input till now. I appreciate!

beaverfury

beaverfury
I also described it as a poisoned feeling. Like lead running through your veins.

It has decreased over the last three years for me, though i cant pinpoint why.

I usually think of the fatigue being of two aspects. The first, a sudden slump and feeling of lack of oxygen, accompanied
by some funny brain sensations. And second, a post exertional malaise which has more of a pain aspect and a
complete lack of any residual energy.

I havent noted which one has more of the poisoned feeling, which is a bit slack of me after 3years of suffering.
Really must diarise and analyze more.

Glucosamine fixed a toxic type of burning feeling i had in my body Without me even realising i had any gut
problems. Maybe this is the poisoned feeling you are describing? You need to pay close attention to your gut
if this is the case (methinks).

On reflection, i think the' lead in the veins' feeling happens when i get' the lack of oxygen' feeling :thumbdown:

I wish we had a more clear common symptom nomenclature!:ill:

Marg

I also described it as a poisoned feeling. Like lead running through your veins.

It has decreased over the last three years for me, though i cant pinpoint why.

I usually think of the fatigue being of two aspects. The first, a sudden slump and feeling of lack of oxygen, accompanied
by some funny brain sensations. And second, a post exertional malaise which has more of a pain aspect and a
complete lack of any residual energy.

I havent noted which one has more of the poisoned feeling, which is a bit slack of me after 3years of suffering.
Really must diarise and analyze more.

Glucosamine fixed a toxic type of burning feeling i had in my body Without me even realising i had any gut
problems. Maybe this is the poisoned feeling you are describing? You need to pay close attention to your gut
if this is the case (methinks).

On reflection, i think the' lead in the veins' feeling happens when i get' the lack of oxygen' feeling :thumbdown:

I wish we had a more clear common symptom nomenclature!:ill:

Marg

The first doctor went to said auointoxifiation and oxidative stress. I know now by tests I had then that methylation was not working. It showed up big time on the methylation panel. So back to the simplified protocol once I am rid of the dastardly parisites.. I think I am very fortunate not to have gtten something much worse with such low killer cells.

beaverfury

beaverfury
"Glucosamine fixed a toxic type of burning feeling i had in my body Without me even realising i had any gut
problems."

Oops. I meant glutamine. Not glucosamine. How do you put a coloured box around quotes?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Caledonia what were the neutralisation drops for MCS?

Merylg - NAC is a big no no for me, tried it several times but it hits me too hard.

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
Same here: when I'd get sick, I'd get shortness of breath as one of the first symptoms; then I'd know the fatigue was coming in the days ahead. But... I haven't had fatigue for a while.