• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feeling poisoned

Oh dear - sorry you are having a tough time. I have tried to stay off drugs as much as I can as they just seem to knock me back each time.I reacted really badly to a sleeping tablet a couple of months ago and was just dire for 4 days. It pretty much put me off taking anything. Antibiotics kill all the good bacteria in your stomach as well as the bad stuff <which you probably know>. It might be a good idea to take some Acidophilus with the antibiotic to build up the good bacteria, or even try the Acidophilus first?
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/categories.asp?cid=145
<UK site - but am sure you can get it from any health suppliment provider>

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Katzz
I'm an old hand at probiotics, have VSL#3 and Align in so will use those, have added more Betaine today and an advocado seems to have been okay so far.
thank you for your advice.