• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feeling weird.

Tammy

I get the odd sensation in arm and leg feeling different than opposite side.......this comes and goes. Lately I have had that feeling a lot in my right arm.............feels like it is kind of limp and doesn't want to work right and my right thumb keeps contracting inward. Like you , I feel like I need to keep shaking it because of the strange feeling. For me............I have come to the conclusion that when certain muscles tighten up more than usual (for me extremely tight is putting it lightly) then I get that odd sensation and what has helped is Magnesium malate along with extra magnesium. I take 3,000 mg of magnesium malate along with 400- 800 magnesium glycinate and those odd symptoms subside. I am not saying that is exactly what is going on with you.....just sharing.

JAH

Everytime i get a new symptom or feel different i think something else is going on. My right arm and leg feel odd and different to my right. I keep shaking my arm because it feels strange and i can't sit still because then i freak out at how odd my head feels. My breathing feels shallow and keep thinking if i don't remember to breathe that i won't. My back aches off and it feels like there is a brick in the middle of my back. Keep waking up sweating and odd feelings and sensations.
I've had pain in my right arm (like a dead arm) and shoulder for over 20 years and only this year discovered that I have a pinched nerve in my neck. Have had pain in my right hip, that is also a pinched nerve! (Radiculopathy). My breathing is also "weird", at worst the muscles that control my breathing spasm, and it feels like I'm on a breathing vent. Not sure what that is, but I think it is all neurologic. Hope you get some answers, it's so hard to know what to do. I have these "weird" symptoms all the time, never know what to really be concerned about...JAH