• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

food food food

xchocoholic

Have you tried sprouting them before cooking? That is the only way I can eat them. You have to let them soak until they grow tails.

Hi @JAM. I heard that too. I typically soak mine for 24 hours but don't see any tails. I skim the white foam off the top when they first come to a boil too.

So far I'm digesting pintos the best. Lentils and other small beans are out because of their skins. I have to cook the pintos till they're almost falling apart.

I'm making a salad with a 1/2 pinto / 1/2 squash / a little beef combo, lettuce, unsweetened coconut yogurt, salsa and green olives.

Yum ...

Daiya pepperjack cheese works well here too but imho it's not necessary.

Tc ... x

cman89

There are numerous treatments for diseases that work perfectly well without the patient making any changes to diet, so therefore diet is not crucial for healing in many cases.
Ok, yes, however what limits are they putting on healing by changing diet? And I admit that it depends on how healthy the original diet was/is.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
Definitely worth trying. I couldn't eat without them. I tried several and only the enzymedica brand works for me. I eat papaya, mangoes and pineapple too but they don't work as well as enzymedica.

Why can't you eat beans ?

I just discovered Bean Assist. Doh ! Those really help with beans.

Tc . X

Have you tried sprouting them before cooking? That is the only way I can eat them. You have to let them soak until they grow tails.

Interesting thought. Haven't tried that, but I don't know if it would make them non-fibrous. Will keep it in mind. Thanks. :)

JAM

Jill

Interesting thought. Haven't tried that, but I don't know if it would make them non-fibrous. Will keep it in mind. Thanks. :)
I seriously doubt it is the fiber. Beans have soluble fiber, which generally helps all thing digestive and smooths the process. It is probably the gas production that is causing problems, that is why most people can't tolerate them, it can cause excruciating pain. Make sure to let them soak long enough to grow "tails". I have even eaten them raw that way and not had problems, which shocked me.
To test the fiber theory; can you tolerate squashes, pumpkin, zucchini, etc? If so that is the same kind of fiber found in beans.
Good luck figuring it all out, not being able to eat without pain sucks!

Last edited:

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
I seriously doubt it is the fiber. Beans have soluble fiber, which generally helps all thing digestive and smooths the process. It is probably the gas production that is causing problems, that is why most people can't tolerate them, it can cause excruciating pain. Make sure to let them soak long enough to grow "tails". I have even eaten them raw that way and not had problems, which shocked me.
To test the fiber theory; can you tolerate squashes, pumpkin, zucchini, etc? If so that is the same kind of fiber found in beans.
Good luck figuring it all out, not being able to eat without pain sucks!

Thanks for the advice. :) I cannot eat most squash including winter squash such as pumpkin & acorn squash, nor can I have oats, nor most other sources of soluble fiber like cucumber. (I also can't eat most insoluble fiber like salad, cabbage, and celery). It could be something else, but that's my best guess at the moment, for what ties these various foods together.

Thanks for the sympathy. Best wishes to yourself!

JAM

Jill
Thanks for the advice. :) I cannot eat most squash including winter squash such as pumpkin & acorn squash, nor can I have oats, nor most other sources of soluble fiber like cucumber. (I also can't eat most insoluble fiber like salad, cabbage, and celery). It could be something else, but that's my best guess at the moment, for what ties these various foods together.

Thanks for the sympathy. Best wishes to yourself!
Wow, that must really suck! I can't have insoluble fiber, but if I don't get enough soluble bad things happen. Our bodies are all so different. You are the first person who has told me they have problems with soluble. I hope you figure it out soon.

Rlman

low carb can be tough on adrenals. so if one has adrenal fatigue, low carb might not be the best thing though high carb is also not good for af. all types of diets have helped people. everyone is different, one needs to experiment, listen to one's body I guess...