• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Free ebook, CFS treatment guide

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Thanks merry. Obviously reading the book would be the only way to see what the author says about these topics. Is this really free ?

I know I'd have been completely overwhelmed and in tears if this was the official source my cfs doctor had recommended when I first got sick. But I couldn't concentrate long enough to read what I'd written months prior when this started. I just learned most of this terminology in the last 7 years.

Fwiw, is there any real direction given here or is this a collection of Me/cfs studies or theories ? Tx .. X

Hopefully you have the answers to your questions now, xchocoholic. When the book isn't free it is still ridiculously cheap! I can see how it would be overwhelming to an ME newbie, but one thing that it might still be good for would be the keyword search facility, in which you could, for example, search for words relating to various symptoms. ME has such a bewildering and changing range of symptoms that it is common for people to keep thinking they have something different from, or as well as, ME, myself included. Finding your symptom in this book as an ME symptom could save you lots of exhausting and frustrating trips to the doctor, who will probably not realise that the symptom is 'just' part of your ME.

It is a collection of evidence about ME, with a good number of scientific references, so even for people without the scientific expertise to understand the source material, they can be reassured that the stuff in the book is based on evidence.