• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Free Visual Contrast Sensitivity Test.

Thinktank

Great find Ema :)

I've done the test and score below average, suggestive of biotoxin illness which i've always suspected. I can't see a thing when it's dark! I had periods that my contrast sensitivity improved and so did my health, i guess it goes hand in hand.

My results:
http://vcstest.com/r/4fa92416

Left eye
Total Score: 37/50 (74%)
Indicator Score: 13/20 (65%)

Right eye
Total Score: 35/50 (70%)
Indicator Score: 15/20 (75%)

Valentijn

100% on both scores for each eye.

It helped to tilt my laptop screen back to the proper angle.

golden

I did this test this morning at 7-8am ish. I lost the results immediately and had initial difficulty understanding it.

I did the test again. The results were:

Left eye 43/50 (86%) Right eye 38/50 (76%)
Left 19/20 (95%) Right 16/20 (80%)

But by test 2 i was struggling and hit the wrong button twice on the easy ones.

This also knocked me out and i went back to sleep for a further 5 hours.

This rapid fire thinking tasking does something not good to my brain. i would like to understand this more.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
My scores:

RESULTS: POSITIVE

The results of your test, depicted in the charts above, indicate that you were able to discern contrast 62 times out of 100 - a 'Total Score' of 62.

In the neurotoxin exposure indicator columns - 6 and 12 CPD, outlined in blue above, which are most relevant to those suffering from neurotoxin-related illness - you were able to discern contrast 29 times out of 40 - an 'Indicator Score' of 29.

Your score suggests the likely presence of neurotoxins, and/or that you could have other health issues or neuropathology. You should see either your doctor or health care provider, or one who understands VCS testing.

Left eye:

total score: 31/50 62%
Indicator: 14/20 70%

Right eye:

total score: 31/50 62%
indicator: 15/20 75%

I don't really understand what any of this means? quite a lot of them I couldn't even see anything in the box at all and that was with my glasses on (which I only wear for reading)

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I did this test this morning at 7-8am ish. I lost the results immediately and had initial difficulty understanding it.

I did the test again. The results were:

Left eye 43/50 (86%) Right eye 38/50 (76%)
Left 19/20 (95%) Right 16/20 (80%)

But by test 2 i was struggling and hit the wrong button twice on the easy ones.

This also knocked me out and i went back to sleep for a further 5 hours.

This rapid fire thinking tasking does something not good to my brain. i would like to understand this more.

I was just about to do this test and then thought uh oh - no - I usually feel ill when I try to focus visually for too long on anything, and I'm not feeling particularly well so I'll do it another time. Interesting though.

rosie26

I decided to clean my reading glasses half way through and I think it shows on my results.

Left eye
Total score 36/50 72%
Indicator 16/20 80%

Right eye
Total score 40/50 80%
Indicator 16/20 80%

Total Score 76
Neurotoxin 32/40

golden

VCS Test Results

Left Eye
S
E
N
S
I
T
I
V
I
T
Y 167 X X X 0.6% C
O
N
T
R
A
S
T
100 1%
67 1.5%
50 2%
33 3%
25 4%
20 5%
13 7.5%
8 12.5%
4 25%
1.5 3 6 12 18
Cycles/Degree (CPD)
Total Score: 47/50 (94%)
Indicator Score: 19/20 (95%)
Right Eye
S
E
N
S
I
T
I
V
I
T
Y 167 0.6% C
O
N
T
R
A
S
T
100 X 1%
67 1.5%
50 2%
33 3%
25 4%
20 5%
13 7.5%
8 12.5%
4 25%
1.5 3 6 12 18
Cycles/Degree (CPD)
Total Score: 49/50 (98%)
Indicator Score: 20/20 (100%)

I just whizzed through the eye test on a computer screen and did better. Whether it correlates to being well enough to be out too or simply just the screen i dont know.

On my optician eye test I scored better than 20/20 and so I wonder why it is I cant see then well enough to drive????

It maybe related to moving objects, or something to do with my brain when my eye muscles get tired they go out of focus.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Left eye
Total score 43/50 86%
Indicator score 17/20 85%

Right eye
Total score 44/50 88%
Indicator score 18/20 90%

Total score 87%
Neurotoxin 35/40

RESULTS: NEGATIVE

Interesting... because I was diagnosed with a major fungal infection in my sinuses in January and have been undergoing an herbal treatment for that. I wish I had done the test back then to compare my results with this one.

I actually thought I did even better than the results indicate. That must be the optimist (or wishful thinker) part of me.

Aileen

Left eye - 100% (note: this eye is nearsighted)

Right eye - (note: this eye is farsighted)
46/50 = 92%
18/20 = 90%

Total = 96% so test is NEGATIVE

justy

completely differnet result today - scored ABOVE healthy people - yesterday very poor result. I don't really get how that can be - does anyone understand this?

Aileen

@justy How were you feeling yesterday compared to today? Perhaps your experience shows that this "test" simply measures how we are functioning at a given time, rather than pointing to a particular diagnosis.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
completely differnet result today - scored ABOVE healthy people - yesterday very poor result. I don't really get how that can be - does anyone understand this?
Was the light the same for both tests? The instructions said the lighting can make a difference.

I have not taken the test yet, because I have not been on my computer in the daytime and have low light at night.

justy

did one last test today as feeling crap - although I felt pretty crap the first two times as well!

This time indicator score of 26 - meaning positive - in fact worse than the first time. The lighting was pretty good on all 3 attempts - they were done in exactly the same position.

Is this test scientific? or a bit out there?

Forebearance

Justy, I haven't tried this free VCS test personally. But as I understand the one that Dr. Shoemaker uses, it measures how poisoned by neurotoxins a person is at a given time. Neurotoxins affect microcirculation, and that affects the eyes' ability to see contrast. You could probably read more about the VCS test on Dr. Shoemaker's website, survivngmold.com

kyzcreig

Alright so I found this about an hour after I bought the actual VCS test. I decided to take it and nailed it. Approximately 98% correct (total).

The next day I took the real VCS and failed miserably. It's significantly harder. I wouldn't trust this website, or at least not to be an adequate substitute for the real one.

I should add I was tested for some of the expensive hormones (MSH, ADH, VEGF) Shoemaker recommends and failed those as well. I'll probably investigate Shoemaker's treatment next, which I found here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...otoxin_illness.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

kyzcreig

Update: I ran into this website again since it was updated. Now there's a comprehensive calibration system for any given monitor type and size. Shoemaker's test doesn't even do this.

All in all it is much better, and dare I say more accurate than Shoemaker's. It's as good as the real life cards.

Warning: I couldn't calibrate it on my laptop. It seems most laptops don't have the necessary dpi and the gamma correction just doesn't work right on laptops. I ended up using my iphone as per the site's recommendation and it worked flawlessly. So, I'd strongly recommend using a mobile device. It's a little awkward to use a small touch screen but it is much more accurate.

hvac14400

fatty & acid : )
@kyzcreig

why you testing again after 1.5y? those treatments wasn't effective?

i've got this

Untiddtled.png

but maybe it's just calibtarion/monitor issue : )