• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

gallstone??

Fuzzyhead

I know i have a gallstone which i have known about for 12 yrs. In the last 2-3 months i have had nausea, bloated warm feeling in my belly, food coming back up when i bend over, feeling of food getting stuck, Right sided back/shoulder ache that doesn't go away. My gp just seems to think it's acid reflux which he has gave me tabs for but the back ache is still there. I have mentioned to my gp about having a gallstone and he just presses in that area and says i am fine. Something is causing this constant right back and shoulder ache.

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
Did you have a scan which showed any stones?

There is a type without stones (acalculous cholecystitis) which can result from destruction of the gallbladder by the immune system... or by a infection. If you ever do get it removed, make sure they test for eosinophils.

Do you ever have trouble swallowing?

Fuzzyhead

I had a scan a few years ago that showed a gallstone. I mentioned it last week thinking he might send for another and he just felt in my gallbladder area and said i was fine.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Fuzzyhead - It sounds like you might need another doctor. Several things occur to me. Many many cases of supposed acid reflux are actually due to low stomach acid, not high. Low stomach acid will interfere with digestion and make it hard for the gallbladder and liver to function properly. So since your doctor is just guessing that you have acid reflux and is giving you something like Prevacid etc. to lower stomach acid, he's quite likely making everything worse. I've never heard of diagnosing a gallstone by pressing on your stomach.

Several years ago I had several digestion problems, including an inflamed gallbladder, toxic liver, low stomach acid and even a few others. My chiropractor who did muscle testing was able to help me with all of these things. He gave me AF Betafood by Standard Process which really helped my gallbladder to start functioning better. It's great stuff. However, I didn't have a gallstone. I'm sure a lot depends on how large yours is. Or maybe you don't have a gallstone after but your gallbladder is still in trouble. Your doctor's reaction reminds me of doctors who prescribe antidepressants when they don't know what's going on - tired for unexplained reasons? Take this AD. It happened to me.

I also learned I was low in stomach acid and started taking betaine HCL with meals and it helped enormously. Low stomach acid is very common with CFS. And I also had to do a liver detox, which also helped a lot. I credit my chiropractor with saving my gallbladder, and all these things together got my digestion working properly again.

Anyways, I think if would be good if you either found another doctor, or, in my opinion, better yet, find a competent chiropractor who does muscle testing, who may very well be able to get your digestive system back on the right track. But just to give you an antacid is no solution at all, and very well could be making everything worse.

Last edited:

Fuzzyhead

Thanks May i am seeing a chiropractor now but he doesn't do muscle testing i don't think. I have ordered something called gallbladder complete to see if this helps. My doctor did all my bloods which were fine and sending me for an endoscopy.