• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gerd?

svetoslav80

Eosinophilic Esophagitis? Trouble swallowing?
No, Eosinophilic Esophagitis is easily diagnosed by histology testing (I think). And I have made histology testing, endoscopy and x-ray which showed nothing. I have very weird symptoms - my esophagus (or maybe the ring that connects the stomach with the esophagus) is sensitive to both irritating foods and movement. For example, if I sneeze on an empty stomach, I will be sick for a month after that - with fatigue, pain, brain fog, nausea and so on. Actually, when the symptoms begin, the word "dead" better describes my condition, rather then the word "sick". So my first thing in the morning is to eat, even if I'm not hungry. Same thing if I eat some irritating food. Fortunately I have learned to be strict with my diet and regime.

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
Eosinophilic Esophagitis is easily diagnosed by histology testing (I think).
Yes, they snip a small amount of tissue for biopsy with the endoscope, and then count the number of eosinophils present. There should be zero eosinophils there normally. So at least on that you are lucky because eosinophils tend to destroy the organ they get into.

I have a cousin with Eosinophilic Esophagitis and reflux. The PPI drugs didn't help, neither did food elimination. So on his own he decided to buy a Magic Bullet (the electric food blender/masher) and daily put in all kinds of fresh produce, plus things like flax seed and turmeric. That shouldn't have helped, but it did. The improvement lasted for several months, until he had a surgery.

Last edited: