• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Google Icon Ribbon for international ME day

Seven7

Seven
Is there a way for PR to apply or any CFS organization on Google to put a ribbon (is it blue right) on the international day of ME to be put like they do to commemorate things?

If we reach Google would be the biggest reach ever.

Assuming that all the work necessary for this submission is done by someone other than myself :) (do we need to present the case for the icon to be included somehow?) I don't see any problem with 'signing PR's name' at the bottom of the submission. But I don't know what's involved in getting this accepted by Google - might there be a better chance of success if several ME orgs all endorsed the request, and perhaps submitted documents arguing the case and a proposed graphic to use? Some research may be needed, I think, to approach this in the right way that has the best chance of success - it would indeed be great if we could get Google to recognise 'ME day'.

Seven7

Seven
@Nielk That was perfect but it has the date 2012. I did Sign it!!! How does this work do we need to start a new one?

@Mark is a good idea to get all organizations to do so. I Wouldn't know where to start.

Nielk

@Nielk That was perfect but it has the date 2012. I did Sign it!!! How does this work do we need to start a new one?

@Mark is a good idea to get all organizations to do so. I Wouldn't know where to start.

I just asked on Gacebook what the status of this is at current and will report back as soon as I get an answer.

*GG*

I just asked on Gacebook what the status of this is at current and will report back as soon as I get an answer.

Is that something new (hope not, cannot keep up with all this new stuff, not on Twitter), Gacebook, or did you mean to write Facebook?

GG

Nielk

Is that something new (hope not, cannot keep up with all this new stuff, not on Twitter), Gacebook, or did you mean to write Facebook?

GG

Ha ha! There should be a gacebook...maybe I should start one. Gabby's facebook - Gacebook!

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
Btw. I just looked at this link and noticed gws here. Why? X

May 12 originated as neuro-immune disease awareness day. Seems to have been started by the late TomH (RESCIND). He passed the torch to http://may12.org/ . Like Marly (retired) and Lori and Tina at http://pandoraorg.net/ , they think we are stronger when we (various diseases like ME, Lyme, fibromyalgia, and GWI) advocate together. Seems reasonable to me.

xchocoholic

Interesting. But we see similarities between cfs and other diseases too. Autism and ms immediately pop into my head.

I just never heard anyone talking about gws talk about cfs being similar. Wasn't gws determined to be from toxins introduced to vetetans during their service?

Aside from that, I looked at the timeanddate dot com site and May 12 isn't listed. Almost every other day is accounted for tho. ;)

Tc. X

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
Interesting. But we see similarities between cfs and other diseases too. Autism and ms immediately pop into my head.

I just never heard anyone talking about gws talk about cfs being similar. Wasn't gws determined to be from toxins introduced to vetetans during their service?

Aside from that, I looked at the timeanddate dot com site and May 12 isn't listed. Almost every other day is accounted for tho. ;)

Tc. X

one cause is toxins (i.e. chemical warfare); another cause seems to be vaccines and such. Not all people with GWI were deployed, although it seems they used various gasses in training, though I'm not sure how recently.

Dr. Klimas also puts the various illnesses together.
http://www.nova.edu/nim/index.html#whowehelp