• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gut bacteria and bottled vs filtered water.

Does anyone have any experience with using bottled water vs filtered water, particularly regarding its effects on intestinal bacteria?

I have a history of severe antibiotic induced candida / parasites / leaky gut.
I use an inexpensive screw on tap filter.
How effectively can these filter out potential gut bacteria disrupters like chlorine, chlorine compounds, or fluoride. ( can fluoride distrupt bacteria? )

Thanks,
Viking

ahmo

Big Berkey filter has a flouride extra filter. Gets good ratings all around. I don't know the nature of activity, but flouride is not your friend. Bacteria and metals have a 'symbiotic' relationship. Bacteria eat metals?? Need to be eliminated in tandem. Sorry, no science links to offer you.

Sea

Inexpensive filters do not remove flouride, it is a more involved process than removing chlorine and other impurities.