• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gut health Question

I have been tested for yeast and ecoli and other bacteria in my gut. It came back Ecoli high and good bacteria low to none existent. I do bone broth but beef bone broth make me sick to my stomach cramps pain etc. thinking im allergic to beef. I am doing paleo auto immune diet, So I cant do dairy does anyone know what probiotic I can take? Also I am on a natural gut health stimulant that makes the bad bacteria pissed basically and unfriendly environment. What else have you guys done to help? I am trying chicken broth and digestive enzymes.

Thank you

Cynthia

IreneF

I love kefir! I would drink it even if it didn't contain probiotics. I like to drink it plain, with salt, or make a smoothie with cucumber. Some brands taste better than others.

Natto is extremely beneficial, but you have to get it from a Japanese grocery, and the taste is best described as "unusual". It can help with diarrheal diseases, and it's been shown to help prevent osteoporosis and blood clots. I've read about people making it at home but I've never tried it. It's a fermented soybean product.