• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone been completely cured of CFS?

Thanks @manna -- here are some of the points re: what Phil Parker pushes for those who are unable to listen/watch the videos.

Part 1:

• Why are there so many positive comments on LP websites when the comments are turned off?
  • Training course -- therefore doesn't have to be regulated. It's not accredited anywhere!
  • Bit like a pyramid selling technique -- to become a LP practitioner, you must undergo the training course yourself.
  • If LP doesn't help you it's because YOU have not listened to what the trainer has said or because YOU don't understand it or YOU have lacked commitment to apply it.

Part 2:

• It's CBT and life coaching -- you need to wise up about things that have gone wrong in your life and accept responsibility for them. You have to blame yourself. It's all about learned helplessness -- you are stuck in a rut. LP gets you out of the rut. LP -- make a commitment to break free from the rut. It's all the person's fault. Illness is a deeply rooted psychological problem to LP practictioners.
  • Uses NLP and autogenic training -- .
  • This is not unique.

Part 3:

• NLP is akin to introducing a new 'computer software program' into the brain and the new program will take over. The program will reset the body's hardware to overcome the medical condition you have.
  • Autogenic training is self-hypnosis. The mantra becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
  • You are sick because your negative thoughts are making you ill, the mantra will overcome this. The 'stop' rituals stop negative thinking and therefore make you well when you stop your negative thinking. Rituals banish the negative sick self from the mind.
  • 'LP trains people to become their own personal faith-healer'.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope at this point, it's very clear that LP would be absolutely useless to treat any physical illness.

Dster,
Fascinated! Can you tell me how long you were ill and what Illnesses you believe you have had.
Also severity level and level of functioning prior (maybe a brief description?) Have you always been working
even at your pre-"cure" stage? What is the cost and time commitment of the Lightening Process?
Many thanks and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Raindrop - many thanks for your congratulations, it means an awful lot to me to have someone on this site acknowledge me in this way. I have two experiences to discuss - one is my own and the other is someone who I saw every work day for 6 years. Me, I guess I was reasonably high functioning - I could work full time, but if I exercised I crashed, agonising muscle pain, fatigue, infections, feeling very blue (I won't say depression, that is something else). Even if I didn't exercise I was exhausted by the end of the working day and went home and lay on the sofa until bedtime, then bed until it was time to get up again. If I summoned up the energy to play golf, I would walk off barely able to put one foot in front of the other. Now, since LP that has all changed! As for my colleague, she was much worse than me, as I've reported in previous posts. Dreadfully I'll and with a range of very very frightening symptoms, all of which I experienced first hand. Again, the LP cured her very quickly - not without a huge amount of willpower and effort on her part. the cost of LP is very expensive - £650 for a three day training program. Once I'd done it I was needing to do the process 5-10 a day minimum to stay healthy - but now, a few months later I have to do it only a few times a week. My colleague is the same - in the early days it was really hard to maintain ones improvements, but slowly it becomes easier and easier until it's second nature . I can honestly say I was becoming very very down about the long term future living with ME - LP has resurrected me from the half life and now I LOOK FORWARD to doing stuff again! I wish everyone reading this would give it a fair crack - the book is only a tenner if you can't afford the course.

Raindrop - many thanks for your congratulations, it means an awful lot to me to have someone on this site acknowledge me in this way. I have two experiences to discuss - one is my own and the other is someone who I saw every work day for 6 years. Me, I guess I was reasonably high functioning - I could work full time, but if I exercised I crashed, agonising muscle pain, fatigue, infections, feeling very blue (I won't say depression, that is something else). Even if I didn't exercise I was exhausted by the end of the working day and went home and lay on the sofa until bedtime, then bed until it was time to get up again. If I summoned up the energy to play golf, I would walk off barely able to put one foot in front of the other. Now, since LP that has all changed! As for my colleague, she was much worse than me, as I've reported in previous posts. Dreadfully I'll and with a range of very very frightening symptoms, all of which I experienced first hand. Again, the LP cured her very quickly - not without a huge amount of willpower and effort on her part. the cost of LP is very expensive - £650 for a three day training program. Once I'd done it I was needing to do the process 5-10 a day minimum to stay healthy - but now, a few months later I have to do it only a few times a week. My colleague is the same - in the early days it was really hard to maintain ones improvements, but slowly it becomes easier and easier until it's second nature . I can honestly say I was becoming very very down about the long term future living with ME - LP has resurrected me from the half life and now I LOOK FORWARD to doing stuff again! I wish everyone reading this would give it a fair crack - the book is only a tenner if you can't afford the course.

Why would anybody on Phoenix Rising bother with a training program that treats psychological illnesses. You can't be cured of a physical illness by standing on a piece of paper saying "I will no longer do ME". Stop insulting us.

LP treats mental conditions, not physical conditions.

I would strongly caution people who are reading this thread NOT to put out one cent/penny to support Phil Parker's scam, quackery and cult-like pyramid scheme if you have ME because there is no way on God's green earth that standing on a piece of paper with an X on it and making affirmative statements about not 'doing' ME is going to cure you of ME in three days. There is absolutely no scientific evidence that this training program does anything for ME -- it might help with depression, anxiety, stress etc because it does rely on a form of CBT.

It's more than likely that those who say they have ME and then state a cure have either diagnosed themselves or been misdiagnosed. After all, I did read somewhere that up to 44% are misdiagnosed and have treatable conditions.

These LP practitioners have NO medical training.

I heard from someone, that posting positive material about LP after you have completed the training will earn you a bit of cash (can't confirm that though).

I, personally, think it's a crime that people are making money from offering bogus 'training programs' like these to people with serious physical illnesses.

http://frownatsmile.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/patient-experiences-of-the-lighting-process-links/

http://liverpool-leftovers.blogspot.co.uk/2007/02/quacktitioners-and-quackometer.html

This is from the LP course material

LP will not cure ME. LP trivializes our illness. It is an insult to all of us.

Thirteen year old attempts suicide after LP

Enough said.
If you read Parker's book, you will see he exhibits a huge amount of sympathy for sufferers, and nothing he says and nothing about LP trivialises ME in any way at all. He recognises it is a shockingly debilitating, frightening and dreadful experience. And the assertion that people are financially incentivised to post positives about their LP experience is typical of the naysayers on this site. Utterly untrue and wholly without foundation. The LP course I and my colleague attended weren't bogus at all. They did what they hoped to do - cured us both and we are now free of ME and living wonderful lives - my life now is I suspect a version of most peoples idea of heaven. Enough said.

If you read Parker's book, you will see he exhibits a huge amount of sympathy for sufferers, and nothing he says and nothing about LP trivialises ME in any way at all. He recognises it is a shockingly debilitating, frightening and dreadful experience. And the assertion that people are financially incentivised to post positives about their LP experience is typical of the naysayers on this site. Utterly untrue and wholly without foundation. The LP course I and my colleague attended weren't bogus at all. They did what they hoped to do - cured us both and we are now free of ME and living wonderful lives - my life now is I suspect a version of most peoples idea of heaven. Enough said.

I don't care one whit if Phil Parker exhibits a huge amount of sympathy for sufferers. Really is he going to say he is unsympathetic. How much money would that make him?

He recognizes that it is a debilitating illness, yet says it can be cured by self-hypnosis, standing on an X saying you aren't going to do ME anymore. It's pure bullshit. Psychobabble at it's best.

Stop insulting us.

Why would anybody on Phoenix Rising bother with a training program that treats psychological illnesses. You can't be cured of a physical illness by standing on a piece of paper saying "I will no longer do ME". Stop insulting us.
Kina, I don't know why you respond to all my posts with such venom. I'm sure it can't be healthy. No one is insulting you in the least. My post merely lays out in factual detail my experience - and the experience of many others. I understand you might not agree, but why take it as a personal insult ? I and my colleague have been cure of ME by the LP? Period.

Kina, I don't know why you respond to all my posts with such venom. I'm sure it can't be healthy. No one is insulting you in the least. My post merely lays out in factual detail my experience - and the experience of many others. I understand you might not agree, but why take it as a personal insult ? I and my colleague have been cure of ME by the LP? Period.

I am not replying with venom. I am just laying out the facts that LP is a sham, quack, pyramid scheme that doesn't cure people of any physical illness.

How about providing some scientific proof that LP works. You can't.

It feels very healthy to me to be able to address the quackery that exists when it comes to ME. When you come to our forum stating you have been cured of ME by psychological mumbo jumbo then I feel I must respond. It is insulting because you suggest that people with ME are able to be cured by LP. No we don't have deep rooted psychological problems that are solved by affirmations and mantras. I don't believe you or your colleague had ME or you would still be sick. Whatever was making you feel ill was likely down to some problem that could be treated by psychological means.

Please stop pushing LP on our forum, because it's a ME/CFS forum not a forum for psychological illnesses that can be treated by glorified CBT.

Mij

"If you read Parker's book, you will see he exhibits a huge amount of sympathy for sufferers, and nothing he says and nothing about LP trivialises ME in any way at all. He recognises it is a shockingly debilitating, frightening and dreadful experience. And the assertion that people are financially incentivised to post positives about their LP experience is typical of the naysayers on this site. Utterly untrue and wholly without foundation. The LP course I and my colleague attended weren't bogus at all. They did what they hoped to do - cured us both and we are now free of ME and living wonderful lives - my life now is I suspect a version of most peoples idea of heaven. Enough said."

@Dster ME is not an "experience", it's a debilitating neurological disease.

"If you read Parker's book, you will see he exhibits a huge amount of sympathy for sufferers, and nothing he says and nothing about LP trivialises ME in any way at all. He recognises it is a shockingly debilitating, frightening and dreadful experience. And the assertion that people are financially incentivised to post positives about their LP experience is typical of the naysayers on this site. Utterly untrue and wholly without foundation. The LP course I and my colleague attended weren't bogus at all. They did what they hoped to do - cured us both and we are now free of ME and living wonderful lives - my life now is I suspect a version of most peoples idea of heaven. Enough said."

@Dster ME is not an "experience", it's a debilitating neurological disease.
, wordsmithing me is simply not a credible response - one "experiences" cancer, flu and ME - the phraseology does not and more importantly is not meant to trivialise any of these illnesses. The fact that you react so badly to mere semantics is very telling

I am not replying with venom. I am just laying out the facts that LP is a sham, quack, pyramid scheme that doesn't cure people of any physical illness.

How about providing some scientific proof that LP works. You can't.

It feels very healthy to me to be able to address the quackery that exists when it comes to ME. When you come to our forum stating you have been cured of ME by psychological mumbo jumbo then I feel I must respond. It is insulting because you suggest that people with ME are able to be cured by LP. No we don't have deep rooted psychological problems that are solved by affirmations and mantras. I don't believe you or your colleague had ME or you would still be sick. Whatever was making you feel ill was likely down to some problem that could be treated by psychological means.

Please stop pushing LP on our forum, because it's a ME/CFS forum not a forum for psychological illnesses that can be treated by glorified CBT.
So has anyone ever been cured of CFS/ME?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@Dster

Could you share with us the testing that showed your dysfunctions of the immune system, brain, autonomic nervous system, & gut and the positive tests for pathogens--viruses, intracellular infections etc., that are necessary for a diagnosis of ME under the CCC or the ICC?

Before and after please.

Sushi

chipmunk1

It cured me and my colleague and we both agree it was the best GBP650 we've ever spent

If you really believe this: Please see your psychiatrist and have your lithium levels checked. They might be too low.

If you are doing this for financial gain: Please get your hands off this forum greedy bastards.

People like you are not helping. They are making our lives far worse and complicated.

the cost of LP is very expensive - £650 for a three day training program

Bingo.

If they really cared about people they would release the program for free. In the meantime people are dying of ME.

my life now is I suspect a version of most peoples idea of heaven.

Not only did it cure you within a short period of time it did also make your life 'heaven'.
Something that even many healthy people are striving for without ever achieving it.

Most religions promise paradise only in afterlife and this one gets you there in a few days for just £650.

my energy levels are higher than when I was a student - I'm now 51 years old

OK. At 51 you got the fitness level and energy of a 20 year old just in 3 days. Did your hair grow back as well?

Personally i don't view this as proof that LP works. Quite the contrary. Something doesn't sound right here. Either you have been completely brain-washed and are currently out of touch with reality or you aren't accurately reporting your results.

Then it is just enhanced CBT quackery. Strange that there aren't many people reporting similiar results with CBT most have poor results. I have yet to hear from someone who got into paradise with it. Why should this one be so much better? There is no reason to believe that this one is sooooooooo much better. It might be more effective at brainwashing certain individual though.

From an amateur analyst perspective i would say your subconcious is trying to free itself from the artificially imposed perception of well-being influencing your rational mind into posting here to hear from others that what you are doing isn't working. I think this makes at least as much as sense as LP.

Last edited:

Mij

, wordsmithing me is simply not a credible response - one "experiences" cancer, flu and ME - the phraseology does not and more importantly is not meant to trivialise any of these illnesses. The fact that you react so badly to mere semantics is very telling

@Dster reacting badly? :confused:

A.B.

So has anyone ever been cured of CFS/ME?

The question is whether you have been cured of ME/CFS, and whether you even had it or not. You mentioned being able to work full time. I find this statement conflicts with a diagnosis of ME/CFS. You'll find it difficult to convince an educated patient that you had ME/CFS without objective improvement on previously abnormal lab tests.