• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone cured sleep apnea with tracheostomy?

physicsstudent13

I'm thinking of getting trached again after 8 years of suffering from terrible severe sleep apnea. Has anyone been cured of even central apnea by tracheotomy?

barbc56

There is a forum I sometimes go for information. I would think there would be a forum for questions about this. If I remember correctly, there is a section on surgical procedures. You could also start your own thread.

Here is the site.

http://www.apneasupport.org

Good luck.

Barb

physicsstudent13

the machines don't really work for me and now I can't exhale after taking azithromycin to try to cure my asthma. it's really a terrible disease I also developed heart disease, diabetes and liver damage/inflammation from this and keep getting opportunistic infections and abscesses because I'm so weak