• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help!!! Neurotoxin in my brain due to Methylcobalamin B12 and Mercury Poisoning!

taroki

I took Methylcobalamin B12 for last two days and now I regret it!

I took 5000mcg on the first day, felt more happy and energetic. Also felt some pain in body a few hours later (I have fibromyalgia, mercury/pesticide poisoning and so my body is extremely weak, also had Bipolar disorder, still have Aspergers, gut problems, etc).

I then took 2500mcg the following day, and I became depressed (complaining about events that happened during the day), then had an increase in sex drive, then felt like sleeping early. I then had some bad dreams (which I haven't had in a while).
I am now very worried .... do I now have methylmercury/dimethylmercury in my brain?
What is the best way to remove this? Does MMS (Miracle Mineral Solution) help since I'm planning to get it anyway before trying the Zapper on parasites?
Interestingly, I just realized my boyfriend also had these same symptoms since I met him two years ago. Does he have neurotoxin poisoning as well??? He does not have mercury symptoms but he definitely had Arsenic (anger, depression) and Cadmium (loss of sense of smell) symptoms before chelating from gut with Quicksilver IMD and Enterosgel.

stridor

OK, slow down and one step at a time.
First I'll tell you who I am...I was exposed to high levels of mercury as a child including mercury from agricultural sprays. I would meet certain requirements regarding placement on the Spectrum. I had Bipolar Disorder and am 75% or so finished mercury chelation. I have C677T++ and a bunch of other stuff.
Mercury - If you haven't chelated mercury and have a substantial loading then firing up the methylation pathways can cause significant distress. Many of us here have had "detox" symptoms as well. Mine lasted for a couple of weeks and were less pronounced because most of the mercury was gone. This is what you are feeling. I don't know that there is a strong case for mB12 being able to methylate mercury and thereby increase access to the brain. Regarding Hg, please consider joining yahoo's FDC (frequent dose chelation) group that follows Cutler's Protocol. It centers on the the use of ALA to bring Hg out of the brain.
Secondly, be very cautious in how you interpret Heavy Metal toxicity symptoms. It isn't that easy to establish this based on a couple of symptoms. Your boyfriend may or may not have problems based on the evidence that you have given. FDC will explain how to get hair testing done and members on the site (including my brother if you are lucky) will help to interpret the results.
Obviously, you have figured out that you need to slow down on mB12. That was a heck of a starting dose and I don't think that you did much in the way of research before you launched the treatment. Try 1/2 a tab twice daily and spend some time on the site. Familiarize yourself with the protocols at the top of the Forum page.
Expect some untoward symptoms as you open up detox pathways. These should be time-limited.
A couple of videos to get your feet wet. brad

taroki

Yup I had already started chelating mercury about a year ago. I really wish I knew about this site at the time, as following my Naturopathic Doctor made things worse. He prescribed ALA way before any of my detox pathways were opened up, and it was 600mg starting dose so you can probably guess how my brain felt right after that. Even now about 9 months later, I have not regained my short term memory yet. So things went from bad to even worse. :-(

In addition, he had me do an Electro Dermal Scan to try and find out what was wrong which, for a very electrosensitive mercury person was not a good idea. Had bad side effects including all my organs hurting when I woke up (esp kidneys), night sweat, etc. Still because my brain fog was so bad at the time I had stuck with him for 3 years eventhough I should I have figured out by then that he had no clue what he is doing. Apparently he graduated #1 in his class just a few years ago, so I guess they don't teach this in naturopath school. :-(

Anyhow, back to the original question. So are you sure it is safe to take Methylcobalamin B12 assuming no gene incompatibilities? According to these sources it turns into Methylmercury :

http://www.30bananasaday.com/profiles/blogs/interesting-new-info-about-b12?xg_source=activity

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/sh...rdose-megadose&p=379211&viewfull=1#post379211

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7292517

I have been reading and finally posting on other forums as well, but just found this one recently. It was so frustrating spending so many years and thousands of dollars on doctors/practitioners who had no idea what was wrong with me. You have no idea how super excited I am to be a part of this forum with people who are just like me!! :)

taroki

Tried some NAC yesterday and today I woke up feeling smarter!! Woohoo!!! Also felt something accumulating in the back of my neck ... must be the mercury ... Yay!!!

stridor

I hope that continues for you. NAC and I have a long and checkered history. I was taking 1 to 2 gms daily for a couple of years and my mercury symptoms continued unabated. I truly believe that some people can find the "magic bullet" and move their life forward but I have given up searching for it a long time ago for myself.
So the B12 issue is interesting. There is some evidence that mB12 can increase the methylation of mercury in vitro at least. The abstract you sent describes how mB12 is protective against methylmercury - so that would be a good thing. Having high B12 and mercury in brain and liver is interesting. I had high B12 because I couldn't use it properly and because the methylation cycle and therefore the detox pathway was not up to par, I accumulated mercury in the brain. I propose that at least part of the time high B12 and merc-tox are both related to broken methylation and detox pathways.
If anything contributed to mercury crossing the BBB, I would put my CCSVI on the list. Some evidence suggests that most of us with ME/CFS have this. Putting pressure on the BBB is never a good idea.
One of the things that I am very grateful for is having figured out mercury before methylation. Unless a person deals with heavy metal loading, I don't believe that they will recover optimally regardless of which methylation protocol they use. The symptoms of mercury are the same as methylation for the most part and yet, trying to get people with mercury to look at methylation or people with methylation to deal with mercury is not as easy as one might suspect.

taroki

Hmm. .. maybe I have CCSVI also. Is that why I woke up today with the back of my neck feeling "choked" having difficulty breathing after taking L'Ornithine to relax neck/shoulder muscles for the first time last night?

taroki

Oh, oops guess I don't have that one then (I know it sounds pretty weird getting happy when finding a new diagnosis for myself!)

sregan

I took Methylcobalamin B12 for last two days and now I regret it!

I took 5000mcg on the first day, felt more happy and energetic. Also felt some pain in body a few hours later (I have fibromyalgia, mercury/pesticide poisoning and so my body is extremely weak, also had Bipolar disorder, still have Aspergers, gut problems, etc).

I then took 2500mcg the following day, and I became depressed (complaining about events that happened during the day), then had an increase in sex drive, then felt like sleeping early. I then had some bad dreams (which I haven't had in a while).
I am now very worried .... do I now have methylmercury/dimethylmercury in my brain?
What is the best way to remove this? Does MMS (Miracle Mineral Solution) help since I'm planning to get it anyway before trying the Zapper on parasites?
Interestingly, I just realized my boyfriend also had these same symptoms since I met him two years ago. Does he have neurotoxin poisoning as well??? He does not have mercury symptoms but he definitely had Arsenic (anger, depression) and Cadmium (loss of sense of smell) symptoms before chelating from gut with Quicksilver IMD and Enterosgel.

I'm not sure if Methyl B12 is going to move mercury to/from the brain. I thought Cutler said if it methylates mercury that's a good thing because the body can remove it.

What you don't want to take if you have a body burden of mercury is: Cilantro (no guacamole, salsa, anything with cilantro!!!), Alpha Lipoic Acid and possibly Chlorella. All of these have the ability to bring mercury across the Blood Brain Barrier (in either direction).

For chelation its' recommended to start for 3-4 months first then Add the ALA to start drawing from the brain. SO there is little or no blood/body mercury to bring into the brain.

For the record I'm very skeptical about MMS and Zapping.

im afraid of trying methylation cause of the side effect / messing up too. since i already have tachycardia palpitation i cant handle it if it makes it worse. also i have 1 tooth with amalgam filling.
i wonder if its ok to take only low dosage of folic acid/folate with lo dose of vitb12 sublingual. will it help and wont cause bad side effect?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
im afraid of trying methylation cause of the side effect / messing up too. since i already have tachycardia palpitation i cant handle it if it makes it worse. also i have 1 tooth with amalgam filling.
i wonder if its ok to take only low dosage of folic acid/folate with lo dose of vitb12 sublingual. will it help and wont cause bad side effect?

Folic acid is not the form you want--it is not active. Also, avoid the cyanocobalamin form of B12--it has cyanide as a breakdown product and it also not an active form of B12.
Before you start a methylation protocol do a lot of reading to try to avoid some of the problems others have had.

Best wishes,
Sushi

Sushi i read about the difference too between folic acid and folate. folic acid is the synthetic form.
what about vit b12 sublingual? or have to take the methylcobalamin b12?
i already take b6 every 1-2 days. but its the GNC brand i think its the common form. also niacinamide.
i used to take b complex from GNC but i think i had a bad effect from it (not sure though and not sure why)
also have tried neurobion b complex too.

Sushi

Sushi i read about the difference too between folic acid and folate. folic acid is the synthetic form.
what about vit b12 sublingual? or have to take the methylcobalamin b12?
i already take b6 every 1-2 days. but its the GNC brand i think its the common form. also niacinamide.
i used to take b complex from GNC but i think i had a bad effect from it (not sure though and not sure why)

Just make sure that you are not taking cyanocobalamin--that is the most common form. Some like hydroxocobalamin, some like methyl. I take hydrox by injection.

Many patients cannot transform folic acid into active folate so it is important to take active folate.

A B complex from GNC likely has inactive forms of folate and B12.

Best,
Sushi

Sushi yes its the innactive form. i also found out about NAD the active form of b3 i wonder if that needed too. also p5p.
so you take hydroxocobalamin injection everyday?
what about metafolin from solgar?

Sushi

Not sure about taking NAD--haven't heard of it, but someone else may know. I take niacinimide and sublingual co-enzymated B6. I inject hydrox every other day but we all have different needs. I get folate from other things--don't take metafolin--but don't go by me! Better to read the methylation material.

Best,
Sushi

i just found out about NAD too but seems interesting and need more info and understanding.
you get folate from food?

The two coenzymes of niacin, NAD (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) and NADP (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate), are essential for utilizing the metabolic energy of foods.Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) isone of two main metabolically active forms of vitamin B-3. The other is NAD posphate (NADP). NAD is a prominent coenzyme in the brain, where it helps generate the massive energy that the brain requires for its normal function. NAD is neccessary for many stages of converting foods into energy and in alcohol metabolism. NADH is the reduced form and more active than NAD.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
If you chelated for a year I wouldnt be worried. Unless you were one of these super toxic cases that I have seen in the chelation groups. Cutler Chelation seems best for Lead and Mercury, but in the long term methylation should clear all the metals in a more natural way. I know of a couple of people that after one or two years of chelation and feeling better discovered that methylation pushed them even more into recovery, makes sense. Your methylcobalamin dose was very high though. And maybe your genetic/personal needs are more into hydroxycobalamin.

I want to try zapping. I do not want to try MMS. :D MMS wouldnt help directly with heavy metals, anyone saying that is saying nonsense. It seems to be an agressive substance to human pathogens according to the experience of people. But I have an aunt who is more desperate than me (has a bad case of rheumatoid arthritis) and she is trying it. I will keep an eye on her.

sregan

Sushibut its the GNC brand i think its the common form. also niacinamide.

kisekishiawase, I used to buy everything at GNC until I discovered I could buy online much cheaper. Once you start buying a lot of supps it can save you a lot of money. My two favorites are vitacost.com and iherb.com (coupon code HAW103 for $10 off your first purchase). Vitacost is a little cheaper (after factoring in shipping), iherb usually ships out very fast and offer free shipping if you purchase a certain amount.

sregan

i just found out about NAD too but seems interesting and need more info and understanding.
you get folate from food?

Yes you get folates from food, and that's something you should consider if you are taking B12 that even if you are not taking folate you might be methylating.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Regarding folate and food. Did you guys knew that Folate received its name from the Latin word folium, meaning "foliage," because folic acid is found in nature’s leafy green vegetables, such as spinach, kale, and beet greens? That is why I love my green juices of romaine lettuce. Of course I think this is no substitute for supplemental methylfolate.