• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High CD56%, low CD8

joe12

The Lymphocyte# was at 1.4 with a 1.00-3.50 range. CD56 was at 24%, CD8 is slightly low at 18%. I included the results of the panel. Could it be that the system is trying to compensate poor T cell function by increasing NK numbers? I think I have some characteristics of a mild DiGeorge syndrome, which is associated with poor T cell and Thymus function. Before this is, some fatty replacement on the area of the thymus after thymic residue was found close to the spleen.

Increased radiogallium uptake in the upper midline of the chest above the manubrium of the sternum, just at the thoracic inlet area as wee as throught the sternal area. These scintigraphic findings may be associated to an ongoing infectious, inflammatory, or infiltrative process.

Then a PET-CT said something about fat close to where the thymus is supposed to be after mentioning the thyroid, which has goiter and possible thyroiditis.

The differential diagnosis thyroid gland need to be considered. However, although the thyroid gland shows inhomogeneous parenchyma with present of multiple nodules. It seems to be extending into inferiorly to the sternoclavicular region. There is cleavage of fat between the low thyroid gland and the anterior mediastinal lesion. In this patient age group teratoma need to be considered

I also think that I have a mild form of cushing syndrome, I had borderline high cortisol levels before, and its associated with unusual and frequent infections.

Maybe I have an abnormal thymus producing defective T cells, and perhaps the result is higher number of NK cells.

I had a CT scan of the head before, mentioning possible cerebrospinal fluid overproduction that could be due to choroid plexus papilloma in my left ventricle. I followed this up and it seems it hasn't changed, just assumed as a normal variant. I have my doubts thou. Maybe my headaches could be caused by a virus marginally controlled or due to problems related to CSF circulation.

I wonder what the next step should be. I guess I will just have to wait for an immunologist appointment.

@Valentijn @Hip @Sushi @SOC @alex3619
Lymphocyte Count.jpg

wastwater

I've been wondering about some connection to digeorge for myself , joe12. I don't have any lmmune readings or extra knowledge on this.