• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Himalayan Pink Salt. Anyone?

manna

I use Himalayan rock salt in my salt inhaler, as it lasts 3-6 months, so its not a weekly expense. Supposedly the pink is iron. For cooking, and on food, I use unteated sea salt. I also put a small handfull of untreated sea salt in the bath, to neutralise the chlorine, but not too much. I don't want to absorb lots of salt into my body. I don't put much on my food either and only once a day.

Revel

@JalapenoLuv, I've been searching for a means to make money from home. All I have to do is grind down the horse's rock salt licks and sell the granulated version for a tidy profit :thumbsup:!

JalapenoLuv

I would check with the food safety authorities and make sure your facility complies with their regulations. Also, check ebay and find the cheapest vendor. If you can meet the safety and sell at a good price you should be good.

Revel

@JalapenoLuv, I am housebound, unable to walk more than a few yards, cannot drive or work in any capacity. I used to ride, started aged 3, it was my passion in life. I had to give up completely in 2011 because of CFS.

My OH works on a farm, as did I, before I got so ill. The farm is mainly cattle, but leases some land to horse and sheep owners also.

My horse, which I had owned from a yearling, passed away aged 25 from cancer in 2012.

@minkeygirl, you mentioned earlier you hardly use salt at all. Everybody is different of course, but I'm convinced most people are salt starved, either because they've heeded warnings about salt consumption. Or are eating the really terrible common table salt which is very toxic, or sea salt, which somewhat less toxic (lots of pollution in the oceans, and also overly treated). It seems to me most people would do well to up their good salt intake by using Himalayan salt. Here's another video in case you're interested.

I disagree with most people being salt starved. Why? Because a good amount of people in society rely on convenience food that are loaded with excess sodium.