• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How can I get flu-like symptoms again?

Sinclair

Hello,

I am about to complete 3 months under a protocol mostly inspired on the "enterovirus theory" of ME/CFS, as described in my signature. I had an improvement from 2/10 to 4/10 or even 5/10 in some days but, not having paced enough, thinks have become to worsen in the last days, with severe brain fog and dizzyness.

(What scares me the most is that I had a progressive-gradual onset from 2011 to 2014 and don't like the idea that after this short improvement-period the worsening process has started again :vomit:)

I am the sub-type that never get colds or flu-like symptoms. However, within these three months, the best moment I had (from the point of view of ME symptoms) was during a week I experienced severe flu-like symptoms. I suspect my Th1 was functioning again then... ME symptoms came back while flu like symptoms were fading away...by the end of that week.

I got these flu like symptoms a few days after a bad experience with an AB and right after supplementing my regular dosage of Equilibrant (2 - 1.5) with Astragalus. Considering this "successful" experience :rolleyes: a few days after I tried to trigger another flu with even greater doses of Equilibrant and Astragalus, but without success.

So, does anyone have another lecture of what I experienced that week and how can I trigger that wonderful flu again?

Best,

Sinclair