• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How did you do with testosterone?

JAH

Hello everyone,

So I just applied my first dose of testosterone cream and am wondering what your experience was. Searched the posts and didn't find too much info, maybe more bad than good. I'm taking it because my blood levels were below normal range (my doctor termed my levels to be "pathetic"). I'm starting on 2 mg and if I can manage it, increase my dose next month. He thinks my energy and stamina will improve.

Anyone share your experience?

Thanks, JAH

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
@JAH I have been using T in versa base cream. It actually hasnt done much for me. My free testosterone is still well below range. Im going to talk to my doc about injections, dosing 100mg once a week. It seems common that after a couple of montha T creams doesnt seem to cut it but think its apart of the process to try and if no effect than move to injections which seem to be the gold standard.

heapsreal

Theres a few things to sort with trt (testosterone replacement therapy) to avoid side effects etc. Many doc give one big dose every 3 to 4 weeks so levels fluctuate alot and also more estrogen can aromatise from trt dosing this way. Lower more frequent doses are needed injecting 1 to 2 times a week stabilizes the levels which helps minimize mood changes. Also arimidex may be needed to control trt converting to estrogen. Most docs dont have a clue but there is good info on bodybuilding sites which generally have a section on trt. Not to be mistaken as bodybuilding type steroid cycle. So there is a right way and a wrong way to do trt. Also need to be comfortable self injecting.

taniaaust1

I figure you are probably a guy.. many guys who have ME/CFS have done well with testosterone with us girls its a whole different story and one we've discussed a bit on the forums in the past. Most of us ME/CFS females who are deficient in testosterone (very common issue in ME/CFS).. find testosterone treatment more trouble then its worth.

For myself my testosterone implant caused me to feel very aggressive/aggitated and it also caused me a ton of sexual frustration as it put my already good sex drive up way too much. Testerone was aweful for me, so I rather risk getting osteroporosis and putting up with having a deficiency.

heapsreal

Thats a different spin on things.
Women can get good testosterone boost from using dhea. Also another anabolic substances which has less typical testosterone side effects is deca durabolin or primobolan and are indicated for women with osteoporosis. Would also help if low in testosterone. But these substances dont seem as good as testosterone for men although they can add one of those substances to testosterone.

JAH

Thats a different spin on things.
Women can get good testosterone boost from using dhea. Also another anabolic substances which has less typical testosterone side effects is deca durabolin or primobolan and are indicated for women with osteoporosis. Would also help if low in testosterone. But these substances dont seem as good as testosterone for men although they can add one of those substances to testosterone.

My dhea was also out of normal range low. Not sure why doc didn't put me on dhea, but in the past it has done nothing. I don't know if I have osteoporosis, but have been in bed for 25 years, so I'm at risk.

Did you find that time of day made a difference in applying the cream, or did it have any effect on your sleep? So far so good for me, but in the past hormone treatments have affected my sleep negatively.

Thanks for the info

JAH