• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

how much coq10 do you take

Aerose91

My doctor has me on 200 mg with breakfast. I have seen no effect yet, however, I've heard many stories of people having success with much higher doses. How much do you guys take?

Gingergrrl

I honestly do not notice any difference (good or bad) but feel that it is one of those supplements that are helping me in the long run. At least, that is my hope!

Aerose91

That's a good way to look at it, It's hard to figure out which ones those are.

I would love!to hear from someone who had some success with it and how much it took to get there

Martial

To be honest I am taking like a thousand different things (exaggeration), however my condition seems to wax and wane to my treatment and no amount of things I take can break that flow. Not really a good or bad thing, just means when I am having the lows I can't do anything to prevent or try to nip it in the bud early.

My doctor has me on 200 mg with breakfast. I have seen no effect yet, however, I've heard many stories of people having success with much higher doses. How much do you guys take?

@Aerose91
A few weeks ago I started taking 800 mg of coq10 a day because I was having a health crisis. It is working great, I noticed a dramatic difference. I have taken lower dosages before (on and off) - but I never noticed any difference. If I could go back in time, I would have taken a higher dose of this all along. I have not found any side effects. The only thing I am worried about is reading on one website that it might feed candida - so that is what I am going to watch out for.

I can't remember how much I took. I think it was 200 mg daily in two doses of 100 mg or something like that. I tried it because according to a study it could lower blood pressure. Well, it didn't for me.
It also did nothing for my CFS.

I think Q10 is a very over-hyped nutrient.