• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How much potassium do you take?

knackers323

I take 30mg methyl b12, 7.5mg adb 12, 48mg methylfolate and 24mg l carnitine daily and have not noticed any need for potassium. Do I have methylation going or am I doing something wrong?

ahmo

Hi Izzy. Sorry, I don't know anything about interpreting lab levels. I use bicarb w/ the K+ because I routinely use bicarb. I Initially started footbaths just for the bicarb, later added mg oil. I dose the same in footbath as I do orally. so for you, I would start low. You can do it on its own. My footbaths, OTOH, have become a real mix of aminos, minerals, vits. cheers, ahmo

Gondwanaland

Hi Izzy. Sorry, I don't know anything about interpreting lab levels. I use bicarb w/ the K+ because I routinely use bicarb. I Initially started footbaths just for the bicarb, later added mg oil. I dose the same in footbath as I do orally. so for you, I would start low. You can do it on its own. My footbaths, OTOH, have become a real mix of aminos, minerals, vits. cheers, ahmo
Do you think 435mg (1/8 teaspoon) in 3-4 litres water would be safe/enough? 1 Teaspoon = 3.48 g
For how long? I have been taking some sprinkles of K gluconate today, but I'm afraid it will make my stomach bleed
And it's not been enough, I am feeling extremely anxious again, I think I need more, but can't handle it orally

Last edited:

ahmo

Sounds safe. For how long...see how it makes you feel. If you can't handle it orally, do it via footbath. If you can't do footbath, put it in some water and put your hands into it. good luck.:thumbsup:

Gondwanaland

Thanks for the tips, @ahmo ! :)
While I was soaking, I had a sensation my legs would swell... but then that is the folate defficiency I suppose
I think I will have to do several times a day then. Do you make it all at once? Now that I am home grounded for at least a few days due to panick attacks I can do foot baths several times a day... :bang-head:

ahmo

You have mag glycinate, right? Add some mg to the water. Mg/K+ have a relationship. Hmmm I thought there was a live chat, but now it's gone, maybe it was just about the conversation where I wrote about the oils.

I just switched from email browser to browser, so maybe I've just lost this conversation? I'll be prepping breakfast in a moment, but will check back.

Gondwanaland

You have mag glycinate, right? Add some mg to the water. Mg/K+ have a relationship. Hmmm I thought there was a live chat, but now it's gone, maybe it was just about the conversation where I wrote about the oils.

I just switched from email browser to browser, so maybe I've just lost this conversation? I'll be prepping breakfast in a moment, but will check back.
Thanks, I will do that. Is there any proportion to keep?

Gondwanaland

Does anyone know about potassium chelate? Any warning against it?

I have this at home (100mg K+ per capsule) and wonder if it released too slowly or if it is better than nothing and I could add a K+ gluconate foot bath to it...

izzy