• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I HAVE ANSWERS! YAY!

musicchick581

After all this time, I have answers. Pyroluria. Imbalance of copper and zinc, excessive kryptopyroles which flush zinc and b6 out of the body. Excessive free copper. I begin supplement and vitamin treatment soon. YAY! Hopefully this can help someone!

Martial

Happy to hear you found it out! Be sure your doctor treats you accurately based on the severity of your individual case! Good luck and wish you the best! :)

musicchick581

Can I ask what is you value of kryptopyrroles? Did you also test HPL?
thanks

Kryptopyrroles were 21.55. Optimal is below 10. Free copper is at 46%, optimal is under 25% and copper/zinc ratio is 1.45, optimal range is .7-1.0

Do you have PD?

Is HPL histamine?

PeterPositive

Kryptopyrroles were 21.55. Optimal is below 10. Free copper is at 46%, optimal is under 25% and copper/zinc ratio is 1.45, optimal range is .7-1.0

Do you have PD?
It seems I do, since my test came back with a Kryptopyrrole value of 19.5 and HPL of 387 (should be < 250)

HPL (hydroxyhemopyrrolin-2-one) is the scientific name for "Mauve Factor" which apparently causes Pyroluria Disorder. It should also be measured to test for pyroluria but not all tests include it.

“Mauve Factor” was once mistaken for kryptopyrrole but is the hydroxylactam of hemopyrrole, hydroxyhemopyrrolin-2-one (HPL). Treatment with nutrients—particularly vitamin B6 and zinc—reduces urinary excretion of HPL and improves diverse neurobehavioral symptoms in subjects with elevated urinary HPL. Heightened HPL excretion classically associates with emotional stress, which in turn is known to associate with oxidative stress. For this review, markers for nutritional status and for oxidative stress were examined in relationship to urinary HPL.

See here: https://pyroluriatesting.com/articles/
The third to last and second to last documents in particular.

I have taken 50mg P5P and 50mg Zinc for 6 weeks and the last blood test showed elevated Zinc so for now I will pause it, because I don't want to overdo it. Still waiting to talk to the doc.

cheers

SB_1108

After all this time, I have answers. Pyroluria. Imbalance of copper and zinc, excessive kryptopyroles which flush zinc and b6 out of the body. Excessive free copper. I begin supplement and vitamin treatment soon. YAY! Hopefully this can help someone!
Do you mind me asking what your supplement/vitamin treatment includes?

Violeta

I'm glad you are getting some answers. What type of doctor are you seeing? Did your doctor say what causes the excessive kryptopyroles?

I'm curious about this. I did a chelation urineanalysis ( with a naturalpath thoughĺ and showed really high copper and high zinc. He said it was common with copper plumbing. What test did they run?

Violeta

Boy, it does sound like porphyria.

With respect to the leaky gut, I saw a post at curezone by someone at curezone talking about leaky gut with respect to copper's ability to leave the gut and roam around the body and cause problems.

Johnmac

Be interested to hear what's happened in the intervening 6 weeks, musicchick581.

Has supplementation helped your pyroluria?

musicchick581

I'm take a very high dose of zinc but my test isn't till March or April.

It seems I do, since my test came back with a Kryptopyrrole value of 19.5 and HPL of 387 (should be < 250)

HPL (hydroxyhemopyrrolin-2-one) is the scientific name for "Mauve Factor" which apparently causes Pyroluria Disorder. It should also be measured to test for pyroluria but not all tests include it.

See here: https://pyroluriatesting.com/articles/
The third to last and second to last documents in particular.

I have taken 50mg P5P and 50mg Zinc for 6 weeks and the last blood test showed elevated Zinc so for now I will pause it, because I don't want to overdo it. Still waiting to talk to the doc.

cheers

musicchick581

Do you mind me asking what your supplement/vitamin treatment includes?
Here is what I'm taking. I just yesterday made It to full dose on the compound supplements but I'm probably going to drop the PM back down to 4 caps. I'm nervous about all that zinc. I've been titrating up. I'm not taking cal mag because the glycinate didn't agree with me and I'm,not taking the optional supps.
1002142009a.jpg
1002142010.jpg
1002142009a.jpg
1002142010.jpg
1002142009a.jpg
1002142010.jpg

musicchick581

I'm glad you are getting some answers. What type of doctor are you seeing? Did your doctor say what causes the excessive kryptopyroles?
It's all genetic and supplementation must last my entire life. I'm seeing Dr Mensah and Bowman from Mensah Medical in Illinois. I'm on the east coast so in March they have an outreach clinic here and I will be retested. stress raises kryptopyroles in PD people. You want to test when you're stressed.

musicchick581

Leaky gut won't cause the disorder...it's hereditary but leaky gut can be another issue to deal with. We are going to try Nystatin soon to deal with possible yeast in the gut. I get bloated after eating grains and dairy even with enzymes. My OAT test showed high yeast.

Violeta

Thank, musicchick. Keep us posted with any new information. I'm looking into it right now, too.