• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I have more energy when I don't eat?

alex3619

Some of the people who have arachidonic acid issues are salicylate sensitive. However this is not reliable. The doc who was researching this was shut down because, quote "There is no treatment for CFS." So the research was never completed. So the only way to find out is to try it and see, the Lemon Rule. If you suck it and its sweet, great.. If its a sour lemon then time to find another treatment. What he was in favour of though, from patents who responded, was one day a week fasting.

LPS issues require a blood test. However this is still very much experimental.

OI can be found with a tilt table test if its done right.

Many ME and CFS patients do better on low dose cortisol. You can measure cortisol, but even if there is no big issue only trying it is sure. Please note this is LOW dose cortisol, not cortisol doses used for immune suppression. Many docs are wary of going this route though, because they confuse the effects (or simply don't know) of low dose and high dose protocols.

Sadly we still don't know enough.

I felt that way too. I was baffled for years. For me, I have nerve damage close to the adrenal glands and the adrenal nerve. When my neurosurgeon opened my spinal cord up (and the pressure came off), the food issues stopped. Then after radiating the spine I reverted to old symptoms. So I think there's a high chance (at least in my case) it is adrenal related.

Look at cortisol as one possible culprit. I have cortisol issues and as the issues have become worse, food has become more and more complicated. Eating small amounts gives you an initial rise in cortisol, so if you are low you will feel better. The lower my cortisol stays (on average) the less I can eat and I must eat frequently to keep from having severe crashes. When my cortisol was in better shape the symptoms weren't as bad.

Because of my low cortisol is so low now, I can average maybe 1200 calories a day and it's probably closer to 1000. If I eat any more, my cortisol stays to low to function. I do not eat white sugar or flour, mostly vegetable, healthy, healthy fats (coconut and olive oil), and a ton of salt. I have to really manage those calories to make the most of it.
I have to eat frequently. 6x times a day.

For me, my blood pressure stays low. Low while sitting and have yet to be able to read it while standing. It's probably worth it to grab a auto blood pressure cuff and start monitoring yours. Or you can do a saliva test, can get a 4x cortisol test online. Dr. Wilson's book on adrenal fatigue is a good place to start, especially in the back of the book where there are some illustrations of your adrenal glands and it explains what is going on there. I have heard some of the other content of the book questioned, but its probably a good place to start.

Wish you the best.