• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I sleep less than 10 hours/week

peggy-sue

Amitriptyline did give me constipation.
It made me pee a lot more too.

I don't tend to get IBS symptoms a lot though. Just minor phases of a few days here and there.
I see mine as more of "it's my guts that are having a bad ME time" rather than it being IBS per se.

You'd need to think carefully.

Looking back, it was worth it for me, despite the problems.

I got some sleep.

When I stopped them, the lack-of-sleep cycle had been broken.

If somebody has any hint of addiction to benzos, never, ever take them. EVER.
I was prescribed them like sweeties in the '70s, came off cold turkey, and quite frankly, have lost several years of memories of what was going on.
I did have to resort to valium once in later years, for utterly exceptional circumstances, just for a few weeks, and again, was forced to come off far too soon and far too fast.

Have you ever considered cannabis? I don't know where you are or if it would be obtainable legally.

Aerose91

The only way someone is getting a benzo in me is if they strap me down to a table and inject it in me, that's if they can get me onto the table first.

I may try some trazadone since i have it available to me but if it doesn't work I will bring some of these options up to my doctor. Thank you for the help

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I haven't used it but gabitril is an anticonvulsant which works as a gaba reuptake inhibitor, I guess like how ssri antidepressants increase serotonin.
would like to try this as it helps u to use your own gaba as in recycling it.