• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inexpensive nutritional test?

I have been diagnosed with CFS 6 years ago by Dr Andrew Neville on the basis of symptoms, thyroid results and adrenal profile. At that time I was unable to work and barely able to take care of myself, but luckily every year since then has been better and I am now able to work 30 hours per week and take care of my two dogs, including taking them for daily walks. I would estimate that I am at 70% of my pre-illness energy level and about 50% of mental/focus level.

My funds have been limited so most of this progress is thanks to Dr Neville in the first two years and then the incredible ability of body to heal and stumbling upon helpful supplements from time to time (also with help of this forum!). I will get some extra funds soon and would like to take a test of nutrients to see if I'm missing anything important.

What do you think would be a good nutritional test to get? Hopefully not the most expensive one around and should be done by a lab in Europe or UK.

I saw I could get NutrEval without FACTest for £593.00 which seems very expensive to me... Is there anything similar, but cheaper, out there?

Current symptoms: fatigue, post-exertional malaise, unrefreshing sleep, impaired short-term and long-term memory, loosing train of thought, difficulty concentrating, difficulty finding words, brain fog, irregular periods, chronically blocked nose passage (cannot breathe normally through nose), chronic rhinitis and itchy eyes (allergy to dust and pollen)

Rare symptoms: heart palpitations, chest pain when lying down (mild, rare), cramps, feeling like my blood sugar has dropped (need to eat something NOW, shaking, jittery)