• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is the Co-cure.org website still operating?

Dx Revision Watch

Suzy Chapman Owner of Dx Revision Watch
Co-cure is still around? I tried to sign back up for emails, but could not even find the website!

GG

The Co-Cure mailing list is a pre-moderated Listserv mailing list.

The mailing list is still operating but please be aware that this year, there have been significant delays in the moderation of posts submitted to Co-Cure Listserv for distribution.

A few years back, during a technical hitch, the list owner changed the settings of some of those who regularly submit posts for distribution to "self-approve". This meant that some posts are distributed without moderation but others placed in a mod queue. Posts used to be moderated within a few days of receipt.

You can determine whether your Co-Cure posts are moderated or not by looking at the source details. A moderated post will include the line:

Approved-By: [Co-Cure moderator's email address]

whereas a "self-approved" post will include the line:

Approved-By: [the sender's email address]

As an example of delays, this year, between submission and distribution, I submitted a post on September 27. Over a month later, this has yet to be distributed:

(The post supplies important ICD-11 context to a Tate Mitchell post of 27/09/2014, Subject line: NOT: The Future of Somatoform Disorders: Somatic Symptom Disorder, Bodily Distress Disorder or Functional Syndromes?)

I have written several times to the Listserv owner, Ray Colliton, about this delay and previous delays, this year.

I have offered to assist with moderation (years ago, Co-Cure had several international mods working on a rota but now appears to be down to just Ray, himself).

As a long-term user of Co-Cure, I have asked for "self-approval" posting privileges.

But I've received no response.

So if you are submitting to Co-Cure, please be aware that distribution of posts is taking, in some cases, weeks, unless you are one of those on the "self-approve" list.

Co-Cure has been going for years and circulates to 1887 subscribers*.

*Source: https://listserv.nodak.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?INDEX

Whatever Ray's personal circumstances, I do hope that the list will not have to close and that Ray will accept some assistance with moderation or will pass the list on to someone else, if he is no longer in a position to maintain it.

At the moment, it is problematic submitting notices that are time sensitive or for example, add important context or corrections to earlier posts, if this information is not going to be circulated until several weeks later.

The Listserv archives of circulated posts can be read online here:

https://listserv.nodak.edu/archives/co-cure.html

The post archives go back to October 1996.

The entry page is here:

http://www.lsoft.com/scripts/wl.exe?SL1=CO-CURE&H=LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU

The LOGIN page is here:

https://listserv.nodak.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?LOGON

but as mentioned above, the Co-Cure website that was associated with the list no longer appears to be available.

Last edited:

Hip

The other good ME/CFS website that disappeared I think some time earlier this year is www.cfids-cab.org.

Again you can view the archived pages of this site on the WayBack Machine.

The cfids-cab.org domain used to host a number of ME/CFS websites, as you can see from the following text copied from their home page (on the WayBack Machine link);

This domain hosts the following Web sites, all of which are independently managed by their own Web masters:

Ampligen Information
CFS Information International
CFS-Related Articles and Essays by Judith Fleet Wisdom
CRISP Database of CFS Research Projects
M.E. Society of America
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Support Services (MESS)