• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Just saw a dermatologist who knew about dysautonomia!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
What does a TTT show in NMH?

I had a "bells and whistles" TTT--about 6 different tests within the TTT. So it showed lots of things going wrong. There was even analysis and commentary on what was going on when they lowered me flat at the end--it took way too long for the autonomic system to stabilize BP, electrocardiogram, pulse, oxygen... My doc also analyized it by matching -- second by second -- the electrocardiogram with BP, pulse and other readings.

I never had a raised pulse but had wildly swinging BP through-out. On the "long" section it finally settled at 88 systolic over 80 diastolic after about 25 minutes and that is when I "called it" and told them to take me down as I felt so awful. My doc had instructed me to stop the test anytime I felt really bad.

I met the criteria for dysautonomia from three perspectives: over a 30 point drop in systolic, pulse pressure less than 18 (I think it was 18?), and a rise in diastolic of a certain amount that I can't remember without looking it up.

Sushi

SDSue

Southeast
I met the criteria for dysautonomia from three perspectives: over a 30 point drop in systolic, pulse pressure less than 18 (I think it was 18?), and a rise in diastolic of a certain amount that I can't remember without looking it up.
It's amazing what a competent doctor can find. Looks like I'd meet it on 3 or 4 criterion as well: rise in pulse over 30, pulse pressure of 11, systolic drop over 30, and O2 Sat dropped. But mind you, I was merely "anxious". Sigh.

At the end of the day, we're quite autonomically insufficient and the drugs like midodrine are just band-aids. Treating the ME (an eventually it's root causes) is our hope. C'mon research - time's a wastin!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
At the end of the day, we're quite autonomically insufficient and the drugs like midodrine are just band-aids. Treating the ME (an eventually it's root causes) is our hope. C'mon research - time's a wastin!

Yep, band-aids, but they are often needed to "stop bleeding" until the research quits a wastin and finds some answers.

Sushi