• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Kogelnik and Rituximab

Does anyone know whether Dr Kogelnik has published anything from his pilot studies on Rituximab? And does he still treat patients with Rituximab either as further pilots or if they cover the costs themselves?

NK17

I'm one of his patients, but I don't have the answers to your questions and haven't myself tried Rituxan yet.

I think he's still treating patients with Rituxan, the ones who are willing to pay for the medicine and the clinic's expenses.

The treatment is still experimental and off label for ME, unless you also happen to have RA or lymphoma and have failed to recover after first and/or second line drug treatments.

I doubt there is any plan to publish anything from the pilot.

I know that the fundraising harm of OMI, the OMF, is about to start a campaign in concert with the release of the ME documentary "Forgotten Plague", hopefully there will be new developments announced soon.