• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Larrea-Herb said to be 1000 time more potent than Antiviral meds

Sparrowhawk

@sandy10m thanks so much for your continuing updates on this. Learning a lot from your experience. Do please let us know if you see continued improvements into next week, and if you are able to hold those improvements with a decreased maintenance dose over time.

Sparrowhawk

Hi Sparrowhawk,

Have you tried the Lomatium dissectum?

Mimi

I did, first I tried the dried root pill form, but unfortunately they mix it with diatomacious earth as a dessicant I guess, and that did a number on my stomach lining. It did seem to knock out the nerve pain issue I was having in my trigeminal nerve, in two days, so I was grateful for that. Assuming that one was viral related.

So then I tried just the raw ground root, against my gumline like the B12 folks do. That seemed to knock out mouth sores, etc. within 24 hours. Then I got cocky and started swallowing the ground root instead of just doing the gumline thing, and my stools went loose. So it's a pretty potent herb! A week off and my stools are back to normal. And I've had a pretty good week for me. It might be something to do only a few times a week, or to pulse as needed. I don't think I could do it every day as I was doing a tiny pinch once or twice a day.

Good stuff though!

I recently began taking LarreaRx in the morning along with NAC, and cysteine. I also began taking chaparral from Arizona (something or another company). I gradually worked my way up to 4 capsules twice a day along with 4 Carnivora twice a day and doing better than i have in quite some time. I also take Lyposperic Vit C by LivOn Labs. I am sick with Lyme disease and I think every known and unknown virus. Fibro, CFIDS, etc.... The addition of the chaparral and Carnivora has helped me considerably! I also have a complex cyst on my thyroid and it has been acting up and caused some constipation problems so I decided to quit taking the pills until I could get things moving again. No one wants the retention and reabsorption of toxins. Anyway, since I quit I started feeling bad again, no energy, depressed, etc.. So I have started back 1 capsule at a time and will work my way back up, but I have been very pleased with the results of taking Larrea and Carnivora. I have a friend who recently had her first outbreak of shingles that I am going to recommend this to her. I really am happy and grateful to have found this forum and the info posted on LarreaRx and chaparral! Thanks!

I didn't think to mention that I had a rash up both arms for months. Once I started taking the LarreaRx and chaparral the rash disappeared. The tops of my hands crusted up, but a little cortisone cream cleared those up. What a relief! I know the rashes were tied to my immune system as it completely disappeared when I was receiving IV therapy in Scottsdale last year.

EME

I am very interested in trying larrea. I am new here and was recently diagnosed with recurrent, active EBV (with extremely high titers) after 8 years of being sick. I finally have an amazing practitioner who seems more knowledgable than all the doctors and naturopaths etc I have seen before her.

She says that red marine algae is the best for EBV. I'm taking 2 caps of pure planet brand twice a day with meals. Has anyone else tried red marine algae? She said that it would probably be a few months until I experienced significant improvement, but she says she's helped lots of people in my position finally get over their EBV and compromised immune system, etc.

She also has me on one capsule of monolaurin (by ecological farms--she said the lauricidin doesn't seem to work) and Gaia olive leaf (1 cap 2x/day on an empty stomach.) And some other stuff...but those are the main ones for EBV. Thought I'd share in case her recs could help anyone else. She really seems to know a ton. But I'll have to ask her about Larrea.

The other thing which really helps any viral issue I'm having is Childlife First Defense. It's made for kids, but somehow it's the most effective thing out there for helping me feel well. The only other supplement that makes me actually feel immediately better is a Chinese formula called "minor bupleurum" (4-6 caps 3x a day). Both are anti-viral and really help.

Last edited:

Mimi

Hi EME,

Thanks for your post. I tried Lauricidin and I found it to be very powerful. I combined it with Sovereign Silver because I read on a Lyme forum that the Lauricidin opens the viral envelope so the silver can go in and kill it. Now I just take Valcyte and Lomatium. They seem to do the trick. Before I started Valcyte a did months of liver detox. I also take s-acetyl glutathione.

It's interesting to hear you say that minor bluplureum is antiviral. I never noticed much when I was on it, but I was so sick then it was hard to tell.

Since I'm on Valcyte, I probably don't want to add to my liver load, so probably no Larrea for me. But I'm glad it worked so well for you. I'm also curious about Childlife First Defense and will look it up to see what the ingredients are.

For improving NK cell function, medicinal mushrooms are excellent. I got a 16 oz. bag of toasted reishi mushroom powder from Myriad Mycology for $50. You can't beat the price, and the quality is excellent. It's intended for medicinal use.