• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

leukopenia and neutropenia

My blood test revealed just after the onset a mid leukopenia (specifically neutropenia, the other cells were normal). I had as low as 2500 white blood cells per square millimeter, while normal is above 4000 depending on lab. Before the onset I had normal values on all analysis. Now I have them always marginally low and sometimes just above 3000.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
When I did not recover completely from my initiating 'flu', I went back to the health service twice to inform them of the fact. Both time I was told that my temperature and white count were low (low, mind you, not normal), so I could not be sick. :bang-head:

The last time I had a CBC, all of the counts were normal although some were in the lower end of the normal range.

As far as I know, white cells or lymphocytes are subdivided into several types: B, T (CD4+, CD8+) and NK. Testing for them individually should reveal more about the fact I guess.

SOC

As far as I know, white cells or lymphocytes are subdivided into several types: B, T (CD4+, CD8+) and NK. Testing for them individually should reveal more about the fact I guess.
True. For example, although my lymphocytes are normal according to a CBC, my CD8+ cells are way low and my CD4+ cells are high. My GP would never have detected that and continued to tell me there's nothing wrong with me despite my plethora of symptoms. Sheesh!