• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Link between vaccines and ME/CFS?

Tito

Hello,
I am looking for scientific publications on a potential link between vaccines and CFS. What I found on the net is anecdotal stories but I'm looking for some proper studies. Has anyone heard about those studies?
Thanks a lot
Tito

mellster

Marco
This has been brought up before in other threads if you search for vaccines or vaccination, there is one paper that weakly links Hep B vaccine to CFS. Since this is the newest thread about vaccines I wanted to share some info an old friend in Germany told me last night: his gf came down with a bout of CFS that lasted a couple of years after receiving vaccination against the meningo-encephalitis transferred by tics. It is a serious disease and much worse in its acute phase than lyme although lyme has been more and more on the radar as well. Anyhow, back to the story, she could link it directly to the vaccine as she got an immediate reaction (flu-like) and then developed CFS. She is mostly recovered today though mild symptoms may linger.

Thanks for that link about ASIA. I'd never heard of it before. Has there ever been a poll on here to discover vaccine links? I had the virus first, then a few months later tetanus and reacted immediately to the tetanus spreading from the injection site. Within a couple of weeks, fitness instructor to jelly legs, to paralysed legs to near corpse for many years.
Weirdly when I was having a disability medical, the 'people' they have to come an 'assess' you, really took note of the mention of tetanus being the triggering/tipping point. Some spark of interest flashed across his face and I later discovered that ATOS also deal with claims for vaccine damages.... would love to know what they might know but he seemed to understand where I was coming from after mentioning that!

Marg

Hmmm, my husband was in the military and I had vaccines before going and kept them up while there and after returning from Europe in five years in case we would go back. A few years later I started having a lot of allergies and then the injections of evey grass, tree and weed they give for seven years. I stopped when I got too sick to go. What did all that do to my immune system????