• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lip parathesia (numbness) during methylation supps

sregan

My lips feel numb on occasion. Both top and lower have a strange numbness.

This seems to come and go with me and I have yet to find the culprit deficiency I suspect there is. In another thread Stridor mentions for him B2 helped, another thread someone mentioned B12.

Yesterday I took a small dose of each with some zine and that seemed to help. But I'd like to know if anyone has figured this out when taking methylation supps?

Last edited:

Critterina

I don't have this happen from methylation supps, but something similar on my tongue from the BHRT I started this week, only when I had the troche under my tongue, not afterwards.

PNR2008

Numbness on the left or right side of either lip can be a precursor to migraine and may not have anything to do with methylation supp. unless the supp. or protocol is causing a migraine.