• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for source for Japanese Knotweed

bertiedog

@South Thanks for pointing that out and yes I seem to have trouble with migraines when I take Samento too despite what Nutramedix have said. Going to leave it off for a while and then try just once daily. Banderol seems to be good and I tolerate that fine.

Pam

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Just a warning that Japanese knotweed contains emodin, which can cause vomiting and other digestive problems. I refer to it here, and there are other posts mentioning it too.

Wayne

Notable Quote:

We found that resveratrol-supplemented diets led to lowered expression of the proinflammatory cytokine IL-6 in the hippocampus, which is key to spatial learning. Additionally, we found that an enriched housing environment also had beneficial effects on the middle-aged mouse’s spatial abilities.”​

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Notable Quote:

We found that resveratrol-supplemented diets led to lowered expression of the proinflammatory cytokine IL-6 in the hippocampus, which is key to spatial learning. Additionally, we found that an enriched housing environment also had beneficial effects on the middle-aged mouse’s spatial abilities.”​

As with many other diseases, findings in mice (and other non-human species) have not translated to findings in humans in about 50% of cases. You may as well toss a coin. It really is a waste of time, money and lives.