• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking to get a little active niacin into my game

whodathunkit

I can't take any niacin that steals methyl groups for processing. My body puts hate on me when I do that. But I want to get some B3 into my game to see if it can help me a little more. I'm doing pretty good but know I can be better.

Am I better off taking NAD or NADH?

I know that NAD reduces down into NADH and NADP. One has a hydrogen atom attached and the other is phosphorylated. But I don't quite understand the ramifications of one or the other yet.

Am I better off with NAD, which can produce either reduced form, or am I better off with NADH?

Advice appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

whodathunkit

So now I'm looking around a bit more and it seems that no one sells NAD anymore except Source Naturals, and I don't want to try that because it's got inositol hexanicotinate in it. I don't want to mess with anything that has niacin in it. NOW Foods apparently discontinued their NAD.

And I wonder if it has anything to do with this trial set to launch this year regarding the benefits of NAD

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/anti-aging-formula-slated-begin-human-trials

Grrrr. Pharmaceuticals don't work and now the bastards are going to go and try to appropriate all our best supplements. First the back door attempt to ban folate and now this.

I am beyond steaming effing mad right now. :devil: