• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Massive Brain Fog evolves to Head Pressure and sometimes Headache

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!

So I have this feeling, like there is something sticky (and dry) in my brain, forehead and eyes. Eyes feel very haggard and dry for some reason. You can see how bad the day is seeing how much or how little I rub my eye cavities with my hand. And tension in my cranium, it is like a very slight headache, but easily unfolds to a strong one some days. But at the beginning of the day it was just the usual zombificated feeling of my brain and face. Gets worse as the day goes on, and usually gets better at midnight BUT sometimes at night the headache is huge and am forced to take Eferelgan (Ibuprofen) Anyone has had this?

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
There might be something of that, as eating relieves temporally this symptom a bit. But mostly I think it comes from unrefreshing sleep. Simply because the days I sleep better headaches, brainfog, head presssure are weaker. Maybe a bad day of sleeping makes my adrenals work even worse.

Until I got Tramadol from a rheumatologist, about 3 or 4 years after the onset of this disease, I would spend most days curled up in bed with ice in a cloth applied to my eyes. All the muscles around my eyes ached awfully. Too much pain to read, watch TV or function normally. Ibuprofen gave no relief. I've been on Tramadol for about 8 years and have not had any more pain in that area. I do need to take the maximum daily dose for full relief. I'm also taking 3600mg of Neurontin daily for neuropathic pain.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi Beyond - it's funny you should mention this as i was just thinking about this this morning. I dont know if mine is the same, but i get horrible pressure/pain around the eyes and the front of the face, which can eveolve into a type of headache. At the same time my eyes look haggard and droopy and my brow droops as if i am frowning. My eyes also look bloodshot and feel gritty.

It is a symptom that is driving me mad and usually always means i am in a general crash. In the past i have also had excrutiating eyebal/socket pain and my eyelids would hurt to just touch gently.
When i discussed this with Dr Myhill she felt it was mitochondrial problems - eenergy draining away from muscles of which there are a lot in the face - also eyes have a high need for energy as does the brain which is why our brains and eyes are so poorly. Makes sense to me - and the only thing i have found that helps is resting, resting, resting and them some more resting.

Take care,
Justy x

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Fredrick that is a lot worse than what I experience. I am glad you pulled it off. No one should live in pain. I do not want/need to take medication for this, is just depressing and miserable but not an urgent suffering.

justy Yep my eyes are also bloodshot. I wonder what this means. I also have very inflammed/bloody gums.

The pain you guys describe is just comparable to the worst days of this. Usually is just a low-grade-shittyness. If I manage to dont do much or quarreal with anyone it doesnt progress. It is random though, some days gets crazy without a known trigger. One night the headache became so severe that it made me recall all my years of constant suffering and couldnt bear it more, I started shouting again and again that I wanted my life to end. When my mother came I told her calmnly that I wanted to die and she just said "I know"...

Daffodil

beyond....what you describe is what i have. i almost took my life several times. the only thing that has helped a little so far, is GcMAF. i am now trying diet modification and antibiotics for borrelia. sadly, i think i need IV antibiotics which i cannot afford.
the brain pressure can, in part, be caused by gut dysbiosis. also, chronic infections can play a part. anything that decreases the inflammation will help, i think.
xox

It is a symptom that is driving me mad and usually always means i am in a general crash. In the past i have also had excrutiating eyebal/socket pain and my eyelids would hurt to just touch gently.
/QUOTE]

This is similar to my case. I know I'm flared up when I feel a ton of pressure on my face just under my eyes. Brain fog as well as my other flare up symptoms accompany that pressure. I think it's just another area affected by the inflammation and like you, only rest seems to make it go away.