• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS Demonstration on May 12, 2014 in San Francisco!

Wally

ME/CFS Demonstration Scheduled for May 12, 2014 in San Francisco.

Hello all!

We are fighting for recognition this year, so this May 12th needs to be BIG!

I'm organizing a May 12th demonstration at HHS in San Francisco from noon-1 PM in front of the Federal Building. (I already have the permit.) The theme is "30 Years of Neglect." (This is the 30-year anniversary of Incline Village.)

This demo will be a "wheel-in." I'll be renting wheelchairs for the day for some of the demonstrators to sit in (ideally a dozen). They will be wheeled across the street to the Federal Building in single file. We will then line up in front of the building holding pictures of people who have died of ME/CFS. Obituaries will be read.

Signs are welcome, of course. (We have a lot to say.) I'll make a banner, and I will send press releases.

I would love to have some help with the following:

1) I need pictures of people who have died of ME - anywhere in the world.

2) If there is anyone in the Bay area reading this, I could use some help making the banner and signs.

3) Anybody who wants to come should contact me. (I realize that wanting to come and being able to come on that day are two different things. But if I have an idea of how many people will be there I'll be able to calculate how many wheelchairs to rent.) Healthy friends and family are welcome.

Email me if you are interested.

Warmly,
Erica
everrillo@yahoo.com

*Permission granted to re-post Erica's letter and widely disseminate to other Forums and social networking sites.

Wally

ME/CFS Demonstration Scheduled for May 12, 2014 in San Francisco

Hello all!

We are fighting for recognition this year, so this May 12th needs to be BIG!

I'm organizing a May 12th demonstration at HHS in San Francisco from noon-1 PM in front of the Federal Building. (I already have the permit.) The theme is "30 Years of Neglect." (This is the 30-year anniversary of Incline Village.)

This demo will be a "wheel-in." I'll be renting wheelchairs for the day for some of the demonstrators to sit in (ideally a dozen). They will be wheeled across the street to the Federal Building in single file. We will then line up in front of the building holding pictures of people who have died of ME/CFS. Obituaries will be read.

Signs are welcome, of course. (We have a lot to say.) I'll make a banner, and I will send press releases.

I would love to have some help with the following:

1) I need pictures of people who have died of ME - anywhere in the world.

2) If there is anyone in the Bay area reading this, I could use some help making the banner and signs.

3) Anybody who wants to come should contact me. (I realize that wanting to come and being able to come on that day are two different things. But if I have an idea of how many people will be there I'll be able to calculate how many wheelchairs to rent.) Healthy friends and family are welcome.

Email me if you are interested.

Warmly,
Erica
everrillo@yahoo.com
*Permission granted to re-post Erica's letter and widely disseminate to other Forums and social networking sites.

If you live in the S.F. Bay Area, please consider participating in the demonstration that Erica Verrillo has planned for May 12, 2014. If you are not well enough to make it to the demonstration, perhaps you have a friend or family member who would be willing to participate on your behalf.

This is your chance to let the world know that 30 years has been way to long to be standing in line waiting to receive the attention and funding that this illness so desperately needs. We really need patients and their supporters to come together and let the world see us, hear us and wake up to the fact that this illness is not going away. Change will not happen unless we are willing to find the strength in numbers to get our message out.

Wake up Everybody - It's Time to Speak Out and Change the Course of this Illness.