• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Megadosing Mitochondia Support Supplements

drob31

If some cases of CFS are actually caused by mitochondrial failure, then I wonder how someone would do by megadosing literally every mitochondrial related supplement that is available. I realize this could be cost prohibitive for the long term, but it would be interesting to see what happened in the short term. Perhaps the could be mega dosed pre/post exersize or activity as well.

The following supplements could be part of the megadosing experient.

Creatine Monohydrate: 5 grams BID
CoQ10 (or a lower dose of ubiquinol): 1000 mg BID
D-Ribose: 7.5 mg BID
Adb12: 4000 mcg BID (sublingual)
NADH: 10-20 mg BID
Transdermal Magnesium Cholride: 8 sprays BID
Magnesium L-Threonate: 100 mg BID
L-Carinitine (optionally NAC or LCF): 2 grams BID
Pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ): 20 mg BID

Also this assumes all critical EAA's, minerals, and vitamin intake is already accounted for.

The following medications could also be used (optional):
t3 slow release or regular cytomel (carefully titrating up to highest dose that dosen't cause hyperthyroid symptoms)

Any thoughts on what to add to this list?

Last edited:

*GG*

Is this spelled correctly?: Magnesium L-Theorate: 100 mg BID

thought it was threonate or something like that?

GG

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Thanks, Sushi, I'll check it out. My main idea was the "mega dose concept."

We have discussed the mega dose concept quite a bit on various threads. There was quite a bit of this discussion of this with Rich.

Sushi