• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Memorial Thread: M.E. HERO’'s gone but never forgotten.

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
Peace Tom H. Thank you for your courage and work on behalf of all of us. I'm sorry you could not fight any longer.
We shall go on !
God Bless.

allyb

M.E Hero...................gone but NEVER forgotten. 25th September Rich Van Konynenburg

I can never forget this day last year.... It was my 50th birthday..........our community was rocked, we lost a true warrior; a gentleman and an M.E. pioneer. At the time I never wrote a thing.... I was numb but I took great comfort in reading all the wonderful tributes to Rich Van Konynenburg; a man I had admired greatly from afar. So many people had a story to tell of their relationship with Rich and what he had done for them. Rich's wife Diana was so gracious in sharing with and involving our community. When I had this idea to start the thread Alex and I had spoke many times about the unfillable void left by his passing. One year on I still read his old posts and watch his video presentations and it's so hard to believe he's gone. I know for sure I will not be alone in this.....

Sending love and warmth to Diana, Rich's family and everyone here who had the good fortune to know this incredible gentleman..........

248097_10201292288375097_407379803_n.jpg

Attachments

• ForgetMeNot_37337F.jpg
    ForgetMeNot_37337F.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 7

John H Wolfe

I gather today is the 1st anniversary of his death - seemed like a good guy who did some invaluable work in our cause. RIP

Helen

Yes, today is the anniversary of Rich's death. I am sad. I miss him so much. :cry: There is no one remotely like him.

Very best wishes to his wife Diana and to the rest of his family.

Sushi

Thanks Sushi for expressing this so well.
I agree, and I admit there hasn´t been a day without thinking of Rich since he passed away. I am looking forward seeing someone doing a scientific study, evaluating his simplified methylation protocol. So far I haven´t seen anything contradictionary to Rich´s theory; that there is a glutathione depletion due to genetics as a necessary factor in ME/CFS. Not a sufficient factor though, but necessary.

Helen

Allyson

Yes, today is the anniversary of Rich's death. I am sad. I miss him so much. :cry: There is no one remotely like him.

Very best wishes to his wife Diana and to the rest of his family.

Sushi

Yes he was indeed wonderful and is sadly missed by all of us who benefited from his generous and thoughtful contributions.

Best wishes to all his family who will have sad memories.

Ally

Radio

I would like to add Rich van Konyenburg to this list. I first chatted with Rich about metabolic research in about 2000, and we began to debate this (often with Marty Pall) for some years. He then discovered Amy Yasko's research, and this led him to devote his time to research in methylation for ME and CFS. He is one of the few who have done successful clinical trials, showing that the methylation protocols can help many. He died suddenly last year.

His memorial service can be found at: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...nynenburgs-memorial-service-now-online.20889/

Rich did more for us than almost anyone who is not a patient. I found myself deeply saddened by his passing: I literally could not imagine a world without Rich in it.

He is still deeply missed.

Warmest memories of Rich, Alex.
Thank you Rich van Konyenburg for everything you have done for this forum...RIP.