• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methyl Folate triggering seizures

Anyone heard of 5MTHF triggering seizures, if started at too high a dose? This is in a person with previous seizure disorder due to Lyme Disease.
I am pretty sure this is what is happening, since side effects of methyl folate include headache and migraine, makes logical step that the next step would be seizure....... But am having a hard time finding references.

Martial

Possibly raised inflammation from paradoxical folate deficiency. If not other theories and even studies show that methyl folate can temporarily raise inflammation in the body. I have lyme disease and use methyl folate, felt horrible at first, now it makes me feel better with little adverse effect.