• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Milk intolerance severe

There was a test I took in a gasteroenterologist office to see how sensitive you are to milk.
They asked me to drink a large glass of whole milk and after 10 minutes or so I had to blow into these mylar like balloons. They then read the gas expelled in some kind of meter.
They told me that I was the most highly sensitive patient they ever had to milk. I am not sure if they were measuring lactose intolerance or other substances in the milk.
I used to be able to drink milk and have ice cream no problem until I got this disease.
Anyone else get this?

SDSue

Southeast
I used to be able to drink milk and have ice cream no problem until I got this disease.
Anyone else get this?
Count me in. Even a little cream in coffee will do me in for a full day and night. Same with gluten. I used I test occasionally just to be sure, and each time the reaction was worse. I no longer test!

Like you, I had no problems until I fell ill with ME/CFS.